How’s the new BMW M2 Clubsport 450hp version?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by avenger82, Dec 21, 2019.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

In rF2 the clubsport use slick tires.

Dookie likes this.
  2. Dookie

Dookie Registered

It's the same car as the CS Racing except it has more power.
    Same steering lock, same tyres. I think there was a misunderstanding with the guy writing the roadmap ^^

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

why? isn't the same car IRL just with more power? at least every article about it sounded like that, an upgrade kit pushing the car to 450hp

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Put different tires on a car and if tires are entirely different, then you get 50% different car already.

I don't have the car and haven't done any research. But from general knowledge street car (besides different tire) would be softer, aimed more for comfort than raw performance. There would be a lot differences following that purpose.

In terms of appearance of model, I just saw pictures of street car and for example interior is entirely different, exterior is different too.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg as said above, I think there's confusion about which car this is.

There's the M2 CS, which is a street car with 450HP. This isn't in rF2.

The M2 CS Racing is a race spec car, which in reality has several power levels to suit different racing categories, and is initially limited to 350HP. This was the original rF2 release.

The M2 CS Racing has a Club Sport upgrade package in the works, which increases the power to 450HP. It's still a race car, not a road car. This would logically be what was just announced in the roadmap, which fits with using the same model.

So yes, it looks like the roadmap was wrong to mention Street at all. But even the original car (CS Racing) isn't available until mid next year, so final details are a little sketchy. *(Actually, the roadmap has, at this stage, misnamed the car, as they left out the Racing part, which separates this from the M2 club sport, which is a street car with 450HP. I'm starting to think we need to blame BMW for confusing names...)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Ricardo Diz, Emery, Dookie and 2 others like this.
  6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

https://images.app.goo.gl/rWce1xmnnQoeT6Dx9
    :)
    No I said I didn’t buy it because the CS Racing version is underpowered , entry level etc. for my taste. And wanted to know how the supposed , street version handles. So I just didn’t want to buy something that again had questionable handling/physics and not quite enjoyable. I assumed it didn’t handle like in the videos.
    bTW: I know there’s refund option

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@avenger82 I knew you said at the start you didn't have it, but then regarding powersliding you said you doubt the rF2 car can do it - so I assumed you were basing that on something, perhaps personal experience.

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Before you buy it, this car seems to have a very big problem with suspension, go over a bump and the thing rocks from side to side like crazy, actually the car bouces like its hitting the bump stops. Ive just bought it and have found this. V dissapointed, hopefully S397 are aware and are sorting it out

9. ItsBillyFrazier

ItsBillyFrazier Registered

I picked it up recently and thoroughly enjoyed the few laps i did around Nords.

I didn't notice the suspension issues mentioned above but only completed 5 or 6 laps in it and all at the Nordschleife (stock setup).

It has lots of torque and is fun to slide. The top-end speed is pretty disappointing though, so it may not be to everyone's tastes.

All said and done, I like it.

10. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

It's working properly.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  12. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I'm sorry, you're right. I've never seen anything like it, although I drive an M2 on S397 tracks.

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yeah, already seen it, have also of course been looking at the behaviour in my own replays. It’s fecked! Not happy!

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Its not the first car with such strange behaviour. The first version of the Callaway Corvette GT3 had the same issue. I noticed it first with the BMW at the Nürburgring GP track in the 5. corner while sliding a bit off the ideal line, the car started to bounce like hell and was uncontrollable. On Zandvoort i had the same problem. The suspension seems to be broken

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Havnt noticed it on those cars so maybe they fixed it, hopefully they are working on a fix for the BMW, can't see of how they would,nt be aware of such a glaringly obvious flaw, if id have known I would'nt have bought it till it was fixed, but its a great car otherwise, very lacking in skins though, but I guess theres only a certain amount of teams racing it cause its new so maybe we'll see more in the future

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Yes they fixed it after a lot of month, but when i look at the M6 with the completly broken rear axle( wrong position) and that is has not been fixed after more than one year, than i don´t have much hope that it will happen soon.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Oh I did not know about this, whats with the axle? Gunna go give it a try now

18. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

before you yell at the broken car, find out about the physics... have you ever seen cars bounce, irl?
    those who have ridden in small rally cars on the tarmac are familiar with this phenomenon!
    one of the best-known examples (2.40mn)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    DrivingFast, vittorio and memoNo1 like this.
  19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

20. Andregee

Andregee Registered

And whats the reason that S397 fixed this issue for the Callaway Covette? And you really believe that a near-standard clubsport car jumps over bumps to such an extent that it loses contact with the ground, while real GT3 race cars roll smoothly over the bumps and even openwheelers don't jump so hard over the same spot. And as an indication that this is supposed to be so correct, a strange thing of vehicle beyond the usual kind is used here?