CS-closed Hotlap Competition - Radical SR3 Atlanta!

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comante

Comante Registered

Yesterday I devoted a couple of hours to it, and I had a great fun, and at the same time enjoyed tweaking the setup. This car is quite responsive to setup changes and a short run let you understand if the direction is right or not.
    There are several option that come to my mind that could make it even more enjoyable:
    1) a deltabest with the fastest driver may substitute a box engineer, letting you know where you gain and where you lose, this may suggest both driving and setup changes.
    2) (still philosophically thinking about it) : allowing players to see and use poleman setup.

So there are several option avaiable, and events could be suited and tailored to differently skilled drivers.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

How to drive the car and understanding how to setup your car is which makes you the fastest guy on the track and why should anybody be forced to share setup o_O? If you are not able to setup your car you simply don`t have the skill what it takes to be the fastest guy on the track :D.
    Many guys who are 3-5 secs slower seem to believe that setup to poleman is the reason why they are slower which is a placebo. Setups to fast guys are personal setups which are made to suit they own driving style and setups like that don`t make anybody faster if you know the basics how to make your own setup :rolleyes:.
    rF2 has option to fixed setup and it is much better to have competition to those who believes that they are as fast as some of those fast guys in rFactor 2 with similar setup ;)

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  3. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

Hello, i also have tried to compete in this Event and i think that the Top Times are possible, also with the "2 Wheels on Track, Curbs are not Track" Rule.
    After my first Attempts, i have noticed that my Grafics Settings have been too high.
    Especially in tight Corners, where you brake hard, touch the Curbs and try to Steer at the same Time, the Game slowed down randomly.
    So it was almost impossible to drive a clean Lap.
    Now i have set everything to "low", which don't looks good, but did help to improve my Laptimes. :)
    My best Lap so far is a 1:17.683, with a Setup that is a little bit modified only, because i am no Expert in setup a Car.
    I know that my Laptime is a few Seconds behind the Top Laptimes, but when i look at the Replay of my fastest Lap, there is Space to improve.
    If someone is interested, i upload my Replay File and my Setup File.
    I tried to record the Lap, to put it to Youtube, but i use Fraps and it was not possible to get a flowing Video recorded with it.

Attached Files:

4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Dommage parce-que en dehors de la compèt la VR marche bien chez moi...

5. iev35

iev35 Registered

Oui je parle bien de la compet,et pour mon volant et pour mon oculus,sinon pas de problème non plus;)
    Bon je retourne sur le HL ce soir normalement parce que là j'ai envie de pleurer...1.2 sec bordel...

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  6. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

Finally i have found a Way to record a Video without stutters.

JimmyT likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

fixed setup makes the competition easier for ppl like me who dont know how to set a car up.
    just this.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...and those of us like me who have little time to commit these days, plenty of reasons for a fixed setup comp and I'm sure Studio397 are listening :)

mesfigas and Comante like this.
  9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Fixed setup comp with all aids of and forced cockpit view sounds fine :)

10. Skan

Skan Registered

This is where my lack of manual transmission etiquette shines. Bad jokes aside, this is fun regardless of how fast or slow someone is. If you haven't yet, give it a go.

Comante likes this.
  11. Comante

Comante Registered

Yesterday a driver in the range of 1.14 was kind enough to share his setup with me, clearly I was not able to match his performance (that was not the point at all) but anyway his approach to setup led me to see the "problem" under a different perspective, that probably will help me refine my own setup (I will discover this evening). For this reason I would encourage people to share their setups with slower/novice drivers, their laptime in the charts will be unaffected but less experienced people can learn a lot.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm curious if anyone has followed the advice that was posted somewhere on the S397 forums that stated the SR3 needs to have the front end higher(ride height) than the rear.... which is usually not how most cars are setup.

Comante likes this.
  13. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Well now that I have managed to get the VR working in this, I have found that little extra and got down to 1:18:22 and if I got my best times in all sectors on one lap I have a possible 1:18:00.
    I can live with that at my age.:D

14. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Will give it a go.

15. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Yep seems to make a little difference but you have to change other things to stop it sliding.

16. Comante

Comante Registered

I did, I lowered the end and raised the front, this solved two problems: tail happiness all around the track and stability in braking, especially at the first turn where the track slope down. After you tweak a bit the setup the car seems to not be so tied to wing load for the understeery behaviour of default setup. I was in fact able to try different wing load without noticing a substantial change in understeering. The problem of my setup is probably (driver apart) putting horsepower into the ground and make the car accelerate instead of spinning the tires, especially in the long long 3rd turn (the left one than last several seconds and you can do almost flooring the throttle and putting the car in a slide). I've seen driver reach quite high speed on the main straight, 10 maybe 15 Km/h higher than mine.

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Competition is now over! Hope you enjoyed, thanks for taking part! :)

Magus and SPASKIS like this.
  18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Could an image with final standings be added to the end of each competition thread? Thanks

Christos Segkounas and TJones like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.