Hosting and Joining at the same PC

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Damian Baldi, May 5, 2017.

1. ceecee

ceecee Registered

In your screenshot of your router it is not clear if you are selecting UDP or TCP on the rF2 ports.
    What is your router make and model ?

2. Mangoletsi

Mangoletsi Registered

I've just realised your steam port is wrong in your picture. The external start port, and internal start port should be the same.
    please recheck your port numbers.

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@kro388th are you now 100% sure that you Windows firewall is not blocking dedicated server. If you not check your Windows firewall first and open all ports rFactor2 and dedicated server are using. It is not vise to mess with your router before.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I only copied what you posted here ..so I will change it so both are to 98 or 99 ?

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Yes I thought this could be an issue so I went and tested and some of the ports are not open using PFPortChecker so I made some rules , but some how I think these ports are still not open .. Im not skilled in this network stuff Im a drummer ! lol Inbound rules is all I messed with ...>
    Desktop 06.08.2017 - 00.54.29.01.jpg

rf2t1 &rf2t2 are simply more attemps to open them ..

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Ok when I test my steam port 54298 it say's it cant connect TCP,but if I check UDP it says its open , I built a rule in wfw for this port to be open under TCP , but its not open ..so I think Im narrowing it down , (also I changed both number to match in the router )54298..
    Rule pic 1.jpg rule pic 2.jpg rule pic 3.jpg

7. Mangoletsi

Mangoletsi Registered

port number ending 298 should be in all start port entries, and all port numbers ending 299 should be in all end port entries.

Currently you have 299 entered as internal start port on the steam port, which is in correct.

8. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Yes ,it's been edited to 54298 in ext & Int now .. but I have the issue in the post above with that port ..:confused:

9. Mangoletsi

Mangoletsi Registered

Think I know what the problem is, but I'm not familiar with it, so don't know how to bypass the problem. According to your previous posts, your using Windows 7 64bit Enterprise edition. It features a advanced firewall and IPsec, which blocks both incoming, and out going transmission/data. So the router firewall settings look correct and should be functioning.
    I've never used this type of advanced firewall before, so can't advise how to change its configuration.

10. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Interesting ! I will have a look for IPsec ...What gets me is it all worked fine up until around the time I went steam only and the router firmware was updated:cool:. as these both were within a week of each other ....o_O

11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I was able to get my server to show up in matchmaker by adding another port in portfowording ..

If I add 64299 to my router my game shows up again !! but I cant join ,here the message now :
    New router 6-9.jpg
    So something's blocking it some ware :confused:

12. kro388th

kro388th Registered

**********!!!OMG IT'S WORKING!!!*********
    I added 64299 to the port forword rules with TCP/UDP...then changed the port forward lines with the 64297 to TCP only not TCP/UDP and BAM there it was on the list and I can join !!!

Thanks to everyone's input I managed to solve it !!

The cPorts program was a great tool and really helped me so thanks Ari for that & thanks Mangoletsi for all the time you put in and pointing me in the right direction !!

Yea !

Thanks guys !

13. eiddoo

eiddoo Registered

same Problem here, but i can join my game in ingame Server list, after that i receive the mesaage Connection to Server failed....ports are open, Microsoft loopbackadapter installed....no idea whats going on.

14. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Have you tried it without the loopback ? im not using it (well I never installed it so unless win7 has it ON by default Im not using it ) .. and make sure the ports are really open ! for me I had to make a rule even tho I opened them, using the PfPortChecker it showed them closed .. changing the 64297 to TCP only was what opened my game up to me and everyone ..

15. eiddoo

eiddoo Registered

i had another solution. i type in this and it works for me
    +multiplayer +connect="127.0.0.1:64297"

But my friend canĀ“t join my Server, game starts then Server Connection failed. If he start a Server same Problem.

We used both pfportchecker, all ports are open.

16. Gupster

Gupster Registered

This worked for me also, Thanks!
    I was getting the "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" message on my server. I could join others but not my own.

kro388th likes this.
  17. Brandon

Brandon Registered

I have followed all this and have tried for so long, I feel like I have done everything that's possible but I have never even had my server show up on the server list.

Here is what I have.
    upload_2018-6-26_23-22-30.png

Attached Files:

18. makan

makan Registered

After 2 years of trying to fix my problem creating server, last day i asked my isp to get me dedicated ip.
    After that i can forward my ports like a charm and created servers is rF2 , R3E and more.
    It just works like a charm.
    Just want to share it with you guys if you have the same problem as i had for almost 2 years.

19. beastdjw

beastdjw Registered

The problem with some modems is that NAT Loopback is not supported.
    Imagine: your computer wants to connect to your own server which is your computer. Your computer has a local ip address which differs from your Internet address. Therefor it is needed that your router in your modem will forward to your computer. Right?
    When your modem doesnt do this (NAT loopback it is called), you got a problem.
    There is a quick solution to this (and a difficult one which I can tell you later).
    We will tell your computer that it points to your local ip address when it wants connect to your RF2 server with the external ip address. How:
    Start (in windows 10), type cmd, rightclick on command, start as administrator. Then:
    1. type: netsh
    2. type: add address "Loopback" your-external-ip-address.

Done....
    To get your ip adress, go to the website https://whatismyipaddress.com/

(you also can create a loopback network interface: https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_Installer/LoopBack.htm )

Happy Racing!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  20. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Registered

Hello!
    I have a problem when joining my own server.
    The server is running on my computer, where I also run the simulator from.

There is no problem to host, as others are able to join it from the internet via the server list.
    Though myself are unable to join.

I am able to login, and choose the car.
    When I click RACE the track is loading up, but at the end of the loading sequence, I am thrown out and the client closes.
    The Launcher and the server is still running without any problems.

Help?