Horizon/VanishY setting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Incrediclint, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Incrediclint

Incrediclint Registered

I'm running triple monitors and was wondering if rFactor 2 had a horizon or vanishY (like iRacing) setting you can modify so that lines running from the center screen to the side screens run straight. I tried using seat pitch but that has zero effect on it and my eye height is about an inch to high for rFactor's default horizon setting, whatever that may be.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hmmm, are you talking about simply correctly setting up your image for no distortion? If so, the following are the two methods available to do so:

Method A
    Start with your outer screens at about 45 degrees, do your bezel compensation from your graphics card's control panel. Then go to the RF2 config setup screen and set RF2 to your new bezel compensated resolution (eg. 6130 x 1080), checkmark the multiview option, press ok. Now google "rfactor fov" and one of the first links will be a FOV calculator on pixsim's website. Once you figure that out then start RF2 and set your game to that FOV (under "settings" --> "display").

Method B
    The other method is to do all your own measurements and enter them in the in-game RF2 triple screen setup thingy and that should setup everything for you. You still need to check the multiview button but I don't think you're supposed to use a bezel compensated resolution using this method since RF2 will take car of all that. There will be a button mapping for the triple screen setup option (under "settings" --> "controls"). I think you need to go out on track (as if you're driving) in order access the triple screen setup thingy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2015
  3. Incrediclint

Incrediclint Registered

No, I have all that setup already. The VanishY/Horizon setting is essentially where the game's renderer is rendering the center of the image vertically. IRacing added an option to change this setting, so far it's the only sim I've seen that allows you to set this. Being able to set the horizon line allows you to have your monitors at any height in relation to your eyes, rather then being forced to have your eyes 50-60% up from the bottom of your monitor which most sims require so that lines run straight and true across all three monitors. If you stand up and look at your triple screen setup you'll see the discontinuity between the center monitor and side monitors when it comes to things like road lines or guard rails that run across the monitors.

Horizon/VanishY allows us to tell the sim to where our eyes are vertically in relation to the screen which allows proper rendering across the 3 screens at any eye height we want.

4. johndough247

johndough247 Registered

Super old thread I know, but has any such feature been implemented in rF2, rF1 or Automobilista?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, still the same. For proper perspective you need to be perpendicular to the centre of the screens.