Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Put a few laps in. I was able to deal with the FFB, but man is it WIERD. Maybe it's right... I dunno. It doesn't feel right to me though.

2. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

We use Custom 8042 aswell.
    What are the max players number allowed in servers? 29? Try reducing it a little bit, lets say 20 and check how it goes.

3. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

The Vette dont like so " Hard " driving like the Civic , you have all time take a look at the Tires , and important is the Track Character , Civic 15 min @ Loch Drummond with medium the last 5 min the Car was no more to handle , 15 min @ Estoril in very hard fights i can control the Car to the end , not so fast at beginning ( last Round on left front tire 13% wear ), but not so very slippy as Loch D .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

That sounds like it could have been the issue, with steering help and such. I've never had any of them on so Don't know how they feel. Will test later.

5. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

From Honda Civic no information about: tire load, slide, ride height...

6. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Wow! That is one badass video! Who made this?

7. 64r

64r Registered

8. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

FFB seems a bit weird to me.
    It's like the FFB is slightly flippy floppy.
    Like when it is with rF1 when you have the strength wrong,-instead of +.
    Apart from that FFB seems good.

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

To my knowledge, Tim himself

11. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

I think I have the same issue with my Logitech driving force pro. On Silverstone any car I am driving will pull slightly on same parts of the track each lap. The weird thing is the wheel moves slightly in the opposite direction by a tiny amount at the same time like it is briefly inverted. So strange.

I too thought my wheel was breaking!

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I've had a lot of ctd's the last days... I can't say it's related to the Civic but always when I'm leaving a Civic server with many player, rf2 ctd. And sometimes it ctd when I'm in the server, not driving for some time. Never had these problems before :confused:

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ffb does feel a tad strange on this car

Love the effects though but when trying to get into driving/practicing it feels unnatural

14. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

In front wheel drive cars with limited slip differential the "problem" is that we have parasitic movements in the direction (the direction and drive in the same axle help). Ie when acting differential will notice "bumps" in the direction and tend to close a little drawn, but no more secret to know the mechanism and adapt their operation.
    It´s similar to the behavior of the formula 2 but on off , I can´t explain in better words.
    Sorry for my bad English.

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I think the FFB feels great :) It feels very believable to me.

16. Tony

Tony Registered

Yep it's been mentioned in this topic: torque-steer under hard acceleration I think.. you find as soon as you lift off the throttle the force immediately goes back to what you consider normal forces

If you've driven a powerful front-wheel drive road car it's the same - as the wheels scrabble over the camber of the road & stuff..

By the way ISI Dev team: nice car thanks :D

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

torque steer is something else, torque steer is that the wheel will slightly pull towards one side while hard acceleration, caused by the rotation of the crank shaft and other parts of drive system, as they rotate in one direction and cause twists in the parts, that is what pulls the car on one side, you can reduce it by realy working hard on balance of the drive system, but every FWD to my knowledge has it, some more, some less

The thing that you are talking about (when off the throttle you can feel the forces as they usually are) is, as had been said, because FWD wheels pull where they face when on throttle, but when off the throttle, they became same as on RWD car

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Also, this is the first car from ISI which I do not need to increase FFB-multiplier for. I have it set to 1.0 but with other cars I use ~1.2-1.5. When you leave garage in slow speed and need to do a sharp turn, the ffb is very heavy. But on track it's lighter, and as Tony mentioned, very light under hard acceleration. It feels like the wheel is being "sucked" into the corner, but when you lift throttle it feels "natural".

I have some serious problems with tire wear though... After 7 laps at Silverstone, online, I usually have only 80% left of tires with medium, and 70-75% with soft... Doing 2.09's and 10's. The rear tires are still more than 90% left and of course the wear is heavier on the front tires of a front-wheel drive, but in the profile page it's mentioned
    For me it feels like there is either too much oversteer, or no oversteer at all :p Any setup tips?

19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

initialy i thought that torque steer was implemented but as i did try it, it seems that there is no torque steer, maybe another feature for future :)

20. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

hmm, i wouldn't say 80% after 7 laps is a serious problem. Maybe just a tad too much. I think BTCC races are mostly maximum 30 mins long, and the commentators always talk about the tires letting go in the end. so after about half the distance your tires were at 80% and i think the tires are still drivable with 60%...but of course you have to be carefull with them.

for ideas on getting oversteer, read this: http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbarnett/SetupMatrix.html but keep in mind, that it is mainly written for RWD cars i think
    But i think the default setup is already developed to be tire-saving...