[REL] Hockenheim-Ring (Multi Layout) v1.1 update 03.05.2015

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Tommy78, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Thank you guys all of your feedback!

2. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

Thank you very much!

3. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Hi Tommy,

did a few laps on the GP F1 layout now. It is really great and a log of fun to drive!!!!! i live little bit more than an hour away from hockenheim, and it is a pleasure to drive your track here :) thanks alot!

i just have seen two issues. one is the AI when leaving the pits. they go with a very low speed on the fast lane. that caused a bad accident to me, which could be fatal some time if you don't change it ;-)

View attachment 12419 View attachment 12420 View attachment 12421

the other one is a dark line on top of the hills around the track

View attachment 12422

and one question: why are the cars look more milky than on other tracks? i see that on PLeclairs Nordschleife and your Hockenheimring...

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Another small issue: the spectators in the grandstand between Mobil1 and Sachs appear to be levitating above their seats (the stand in the last screen shot in the above post). Looks a bit wierd.

5. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Here is the new link:

Hockenheimring v1.0 - MediaFire

6. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Thanks for the new link, Tommy, it works perfectly. This update is amazing, I can't believe you made an already excellent track even better! Thanks a ton!

7. Flex

Flex Registered

Thanks for your hard work, but unfortunately this circuit is to add to the list of those SLI users must disable mirrors for not falling FPS to some place (150fps/15fps ...) strongly ISI please one day to look at this ...

8. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

9. Miro

Miro Registered

This track is awesome. Love it. Thank you so much!

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Floating spectators:

[​IMG]

Also, I saw AI cars crashing at the start/finish line on the short layout so I'm guessing there is an AIW issue

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Great modelling work Tommy! I have a small graphic issue like another racer has posted. Would you know what causes the faint black line above the tree lines?

View attachment 12431

12. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Either make the bottom few pixel rows of the texture transparent, or tweak the top mapping to 0.98V or so. That should prevent it from wrapping around and is the prefered solution.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks Tommy. :)

14. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Track itself is pretty good.

AI is very slow in Turn 1. Also just slow in general - in a race with the Meganes at 106% I was still 3 seconds a lap faster than them! (I'm not super fast either.)
    Astroturf (or whatever it is) could do with being much less saturated color wise. Same for the grassh, though the astroturf would be nicest.
    Lighting could use work - it's very contrasty and fairly dark. I know it's a general rF2 trait, but I think work on that would improve this track a lot.

Otherwise, a good sound working track, certainly well worth having.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, I agree, the track is good although only had a brief few laps so far.

I`ve noticed though that when I change the weather settings in practice they don`t seem to take effect.

I`ve changed it to overcast, cloudy, rain etc but the twice I`ve been there it`s always been sunny...

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Seems the update was a bit of a rush job.

17. Coanda

Coanda Registered

As I mentioned above, absolute brilliant modelling Tommy and like the others I am very appreciative of your hard work.

For me this track could easily become A++ material if there was a lot more texture variation. Maybe you already plan for this.. Particular on the grass (very patchy in real life) and somewhat on the rails. IMO the large gaps and the shadows that it brings on each green tyre barrier look a little odd.

18. ethone

ethone Registered

Care to elaborate? As it stands you're just being insulting and unconstructive.

19. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yes, sure. I think Tommy tried to get this out as an Easter gift (which I appreciate) but perhaps didn't test it to check for issues. Just check the last couple of pages.

I'm not being insulting nor unconstructive. I have already mentioned a couple of problems as have others. There are many.

I think this track is one of the best out there and I have already donated towards it and I will do again if it reaches completion.

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wut..?

Seems the update brought this beautiful piece of work even closer to being one of the finest tracks this sim has to offer, imo.