HMD + Screen View for VR Skewed

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by wickedfable, Jul 8, 2020.

1. wickedfable

wickedfable Registered

Something I've noticed this year while recording some of my rFactor 2 sessions is that the screen view when using VR is tilted quite a bit so that it looks like the driver is cocking their head to the right the whole time while driving. Is this something other users have noticed at all? I have been thinking that it is maybe my headset but everything looks fine when I view the image through the headset and even tilting the headset physically to the left does not seem to remedy the situation when looking through at the screen, at least.

I have attached an image that illustrates this issue well. It is on a straight where my head is definitely not tilted but, for some reason, the captured image shows it as such.

2020-07-08 12_40_17-2020F1SupportSeriesGP3_01Austria.mp4_.mp4 - PotPlayer.png

As a note, I understand that the image that rFactor 2 shows on the screen is of the left-eye view but my previous videos have never been this skewed to the point where the image is slightly rotated.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Is the IPD of your HMD software controlled? Can only think that may be the reason, if it is just try changing that dramatically just to see.

3. wickedfable

wickedfable Registered

That's not it unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) as the lenses can be physically moved closer to or further apart from each other via a dial.

4. thamahn

thamahn Registered

I had this issue in WMR. To resolve it, I did the following:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Mixed reality icon.

2. Click/tap on Environment on the left side, and click/tap on the Clear environment data button on the right side.

3. Click/tap Reset my home.

Fixed!