Historic Tyres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Fergy

Fergy Registered

After testing the updated Historic mod last night it didn't take long to realise there was less grip, tyre lock ups and more pronounced flat spots most of which are a good thing. Dialling your set ups becomes even more crucial than before.

I got the feeling the car physics went from a car that oversteers through corners to a car that now understeers through corners and the new grip level is more like what you would imagine a more worn grip level. Many members at SR4L (in their 60's second season) had a similar opinion of the mod.

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I agree, I seem to be 2 seconds a lap slower than before the update.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Looks like all but me still have the old tires then... I was 2 seconds off pace at Snetterton last night ;) :(

4. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Funny, after two nights of practice the new feel is now second nature. Still a fraction off the the old times but that's not important. Goes to show you need to give an update like this serious track time to adjust.

I get the feeling the winged Spark lost it's edge?

5. argo0

argo0 Registered

From what I've read, the tyre contact patch is still not functioning as it should be. Can anyone shed any light on this? I assume its high on the list of priorities because its a game changer isn't it? I also assume that everythings going to feel different and hopefully better when they get that done fully.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Tyre pressures don't have the influence on tyre shape which makes contact patch not really right. It will be fixed in near future. :)

All cars will feel very different after this. It will have mostly possivite effect on grip and wear. From what I experienced and checked during my practice sessions it should improve rear stability the most because right now fronts in almost all cars have bigger contact patch than rear tyres. It's mostly guessing but based on some data from motec.

Time will tell. ;) From all I know I can be wrong all along.

7. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

*bump* .. really interesting in this topic:)