Historic Tracks Updated to 2.0

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

People like you may be enough to convince people like him to give it a go at bringing it to the latest games. There are so many tracks I'd love to see come out for rF2. Heck, even AC. If the creator can envision his creation taking benefit of today's tech, I can't see how not to be enthusiastic about it.

2. tommy42

tommy42 Registered

Thx ISI,

historics and the tire-patch are the main reasons why I love RF2. The combination of SPA and the AC Cobra is the greatest challenge I ever had.

Any other so called "Sim" is a piece of something brown and stinky against rf2. <- I tried them all and want my money back.

Go on and good luck with your steam-experience

tommy

3. Emery

Emery Registered

For kicks, I just ran '67 Howston G4 at Historic Spa with default weather (intermittent rain). Working 2-spd wipers caught me by surprise as I thought wiper animations had been disabled, but maybe that was a late-model build rather than the current build?

AIW is screwed (or the current build AI is) with only 1/3 of cars completing a 10-lap race. Turning aggression down from 50% to 25% doesn't help. On the bright side, at least their lap times are closer to humans.

I also let the Brabhams have a go. Their attrition rate is similar, though a little slower since they don't have massive overcorrections that the Howstons show. Usual problem are cars going wide in medium-high speed turns or attempting passes too late & running out of track on the inside.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

5. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just a versioning and small cosmetic update that was decided on prior to steam release.

7. boxer

boxer Registered

Talking about cosmetics... could a quick fix be applied to this car? Eve F3...
    View attachment 18519
    The wind deflectors graphic bug is very distracting.

8. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

+++++

anything else, you can not see the instruments. The steering wheel is too low

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

With spark f3 also I have hard time seeing tach (it's washed out white unless in shade) at least at mills. I remember build ~60 where instruments looked much better with glass reflection but now can barely see :(

10. Justy

Justy Registered

My guess would be that this is a car related problem and might be addressed in a future update to the cars. Does the brabham exhibit these problems?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Dunno 'bout Brab but doesn't occur on other Sparks...

12. Sean McGowan

Sean McGowan Registered

Hi,

Thanks for the updating some of my favorite content in the game...great work.

Cheers,

Sean

13. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes, it washes out in the sunlight, but mine is still quite readable. You might have your brightness/contrast turned up a tad too much?

14. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered