Historic Tracks Updated to 2.0

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Color space is sRGB, does not matter the monitor. That's the system default and even if you have a professional 95/97% Adobe Gamut monitor this is not going to make a difference as it will use the same sRGB profile when gaming, browsing the net, watching videos etc etc...

What you can get it's some bad calibrated white and a not so good gamma but still, these are not things going to change the GFX core. It's pretty easy to spot when and if you have a gamma/calibration problem as usually make everything looking bad and/or wrong, not just a game.

I personally think Spinelli is just describing how tones are now, after the final automation and tonemapper swap. That's it. :)

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thank you Tuttle, tho i'm in the MarcG camp already (so liking what i see) i'm not sure i use the sRGB setting.

3. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

++++++

the colors are now much too pale. Everything looks as if under a veil. In the latest Build it was ok, just the trees I found too light. The changes to the flashing objects ect. I find very good.

4. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I noticed the light posts at Monaco have no light glow at night, although they are emitting light. Looks like they are switched off.

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I agree there's lots of difference, and maybe a mix of latest build - old track and latest build - new track would be nice.

Currently it does have a bit of "Codemaster Filter". But I like that also, it's a matter of visual preference...

6. dbell76

dbell76 Registered

i made afew laps on old Spa.......

OMG ISI what have you done....it Looks Amazing good!

many thx

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

dam can't wait for VR support, have missed last 8 builds or so, sure I'm in for a treat !

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think it is build related, for the first time online we had the same thing happen here , looks like Boxer has locked up or got hit from behind but it wasn't, same thing as Belgium, got tossed lol

[​IMG]

A car ran onto the right apron, took out a line of posts right before Boxer arrived.

Done 1000s of laps at Longford, never seen it happen quite like that before.
    =====

I like it in Historics, depending how the post gets caught up under the chassis the car can react 10 different ways.

I call that fizzix ! lol ;) ............

Well ......go climb a staircase in AC..... see how you go. p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Just because another game has an issue with something else, you shouldn't divert attention or give an excuse. That's settling for the lowest common denominator instead of pushing for the best possible.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Oh settle lol

I am just saying RF2 climbs stairs more like a real car. ?

P.S. Even how you can roll up those steps at Belgium at different speeds I find that stuff amazing and it feels closer to real then anything in that regard.

AC you drive over things nothing happens like its arcade....

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I have to agree mith Marc

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

In AC when you drive over any curb at any speed, it always behaves the same and the FFB doesn't give us any dynamic feeling on that. That doesn't mean rF2, R3E and iR should settle for the same behavior.

13. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

:confused:

This would have dropped a some jaws in 1966!

BTW, colors look fine to me as soon as I bumped my saturation up a little. I had dropped saturation level years ago to make rF2 look good. All this time everything else in Windows looked dull. Now that stuff has come back to life!

14. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Are you kidding? Please name one single thing in that screenshot that looks good.

15. Minibull

Minibull Member

Are you kidding? That screenshot is in reference to his first statement...

16. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Yes I was :p

17. isamu

isamu Registered

Nice! Now can we get Dundrod, Isle of Mann, and Machwerk please?

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

:)

Make a petition.
    We buy Jim Pearson a new PC and copy of rF2 ( ....before anyone else snaps him up and gets rights to IOM Full.) lool p

;)

I pretty sure he still runs a 256mb gfx. :(

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It really is stunning how many peeps still got mid-range machinery by 2006's standards, this day! I know a few guys still racing NR2003 and they have their graphics set to medium or low. Even with HD packs to double the texture resolution of everything, or quadruple, the game still runs super easy and smooth with the most taxing mods for a computer from 2010.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

My point being even if a respectful genuine modder sent him private conversions he could do nothing with it. hehehe

Jim is not the sort of guy is going to give a nod on a few utube clips.
    Hypothetically someone can do all his tracks and do a great job without permission.

What do you think will happen when IOM Full is finally finished and he still see rips of his tracks up everywhere just google IOM sim or isle of man sim

Assetto Corsa well respected modders as well. :mad:

Read the last sentence ffs ?? why wont people have decency this bloke spent a decade.
    But yet here we have IOM AC / Dundrod and rF2............. again

You just won't learn and don't turn this on me, it is because I care for everyone here to get a IOM permission !
    Not because of my beliefs on permission !

A little miffed I be honest that maybe a few greedy modders over the years could have possibly cost us Jim's work down the track.

:)