[WIP] Historic F3 EVE & SPARK Skin Pack

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by samcar304, Sep 1, 2015.

1. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Hello,

These skins are only for the EVE historic Formula 3 Car. (There will be no SPARK F3 skins, Sorry i didn't mean to put it in title if a moderator could change that for me it would be great thanks)

In rFactor 2 i love driving the Historic Formula 3 cars but i felt the grid was lacking diversity (Skin Wise). I have decided to make some skins for these historic cars just to add some variation to the grid.
    This is my first attempt at using Photoshop and creating Skins. The Skins are fairly Basic much like the period skins of the 60's nothing fancy but i hope it adds more to the grid rather than having multiple cars with same number and so on.
    I'm not the greatest at skinning/painting but i thought getting to know the software that i will use in my upcoming Uni course by creating skins for a game i love is killing 2 birds with 1 Stone.

I have already Completed 2 of these Skins here is a link to the IMGUR folder which i will post the preview shots of the skins in: https://imgur.com/a/iKCiO

This also may take a while for me to complete if this project runs into the start of my course but i will try to get it done before then.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

Thanks, Samcar304

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Look great! See if ISI would be willing to use them on the next official update of the historics.

3. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

First, let me thank you for your efforts.

I tried the link provided and I just saw four pictures. They look nice.

Do you have a link to where I can download the skins themselves? I just found the four pictures. Did you make .mas files of the cars?

I'd like to offer them up as options on the F3 Fanatics' server.

Thanks,

Bryan

4. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the interest, currently i have only those 4 skins complete. Therefore they are not up for download until the pack is complete, There are 25 skins to be completed. I am working to get 4-6 done each day so i can get the pack out in a week or two. the challenging part for me will be packaging the mod as i have no experience in doing so. That could hinder progress but i'm sure the community will have the answers i need :)

Thanks, Sam

Added 9 more preview Shots to IMGUR album :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
  5. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

I am having trouble "creating" this skin pack... I have completely no idea how to compile the skins i have made into a file that can be installed into rFactor 2. I am very new to all this sort of stuff. If anyone could point me in the right direction or give me some tips they would be gladly appreciated :)

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Big question is will it work as an update to car series. Almost all updates no longer work reliably, especially with the just released build. Two other car mods have large skin packs that no longer work.

7. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

I was hoping to have a separate grid of cars compared to the existing ones. Much like what the Indycar 2014 skin pack does where there is a separate category for the cars compared to ISI's. but as I've said earlier Im not even sure how do package the mod to get it into rFcator 2 so that's a big problem for me.

8. Led566

Led566 Registered

Italian flag is wrong.
    From left to right it is green-white-red, not the opposite.

9. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Thanks, i must have forgot to flip them in Photoshop :) rookie mistake