High power to weight low downforce

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by green serpent, Aug 15, 2021.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

My wish is for rF2 to have more high power-to-weight ratio but low downforce cars. I think with such cars you can really feel the grip of the tyre better than cars with high downforce.

Also, I think it's a good idea to have a number of cars in the sim that are considered entry level race cars/track cars, as these cars are very appealing to people who are wanting to make the jump from sim to real world and want to give them a go or practise first. There are already cars like this in rF2, but the more the merrier.

Something like this would be very cool!!!

On a slightly more out-there note, could you imagine if S397 as a promotion got together with entry level racing series organisers (such as FVee) and ran some competiton (like submitting 10 cleans laps in the car), to go into the running to have a shot in the car in real life. Competitions that aren't just about outright pace but about showing you are a competent and safe driver. rF2 could have a "unique selling proposition" of being a legitimate pathway of getting people into RL racing (not just aliens, but normal people). I mean I know that if you have enough cash you can get into a race car, I just think it'd be cool to blur the line between sim and RL career if there was some kind of licence or something that you could acquire to give you a leg up into real racing. One can dream!