High ping value in game only.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MMartin, Sep 24, 2015.

1. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Hi,
    I noticed my ping is above 200ms playing the game. Then, exit from the game, I tryed to do a ping to our league server, via cmd consolle, and its OK, about 40ms.
    Any idea how to solve this problem?
    I tryed to reinstall rf2 and new video driver.
    Thanks in advance.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim I'm new here Staff Member

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2help/
    Poor network performance (ping above 125ms any time, or spikes above 150ms) is a common cause. Connections can spike if you are sharing your home connection, a lost packet due to your ISP, or using a wireless connection within your home. Another reason could be your CPU struggling to cope with the software: If your CPU load is high, your motherboard may not be able to send software data at an adequate rate, limiting it’s ability to send network traffic. You must reduce settings enough so that you maintain a good framerate, or upgrade your machine to do so, if you want to eliminate lag.
    Lastly, the server could also be too far away (with too high pings to be useful), or be overloaded itself. A high CPU load on a server can also cause the server to have poor network stability.
    Points to remember:
    – Join servers with good pings below 100ms, nearer to your location if possible.
    – Don’t use wireless connections, plug a wire (preferably a short cable) into your modem/router to your PC.
    – Reduce settings to maintain a good framerate (You can still lag with a low ping if your CPU is overloaded).

There are also some types of programs that can affect your connection or CPU:
    – Antivirus (temporarily disable while gaming)
    – Spyware (scan regularly and remove)

3. MMartin

MMartin Registered

SOLVED, it' was the dashmeterpro plugin non correctly installed.
    Thank you.