hiddenvalley v0.1 testing

Discussion in 'Locations' started by WheelNut, Mar 22, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I give you a hint Marc, it is neither of those. hehehe

Is Adrenalin a real V8 team but what they made that from I have no idea.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hi mate, downloaded last night and immeditaley thought "MMM" (elevation changes are not right) but then the other version crept in during the lap, either way I dont give a flying finger as I love the track and want as many Aussie tracks as possible!!

Only did a handful of laps and looks great for a v0.1, noticed the AIW needs some work on the main straight, they run painfully close to the pit wall! Obvious graphic glitches around, I'll do some more laps later and gather a list of bugs I gfind. Have you got permission for any other Aussie tracks to release?

3. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Well the track is originally an MMM conversion I did a long time ago, original conversion was from CM. This can easily be seen by a few objects I added to the track in the original MMM conversion so if it went elsewhere after that I don't know but clearly it uses that as the base.

I have no issues with it being used here or released and I or MMM never had any rights to the original track we converted from anyway lol. I can't speak for all MMM tracks (I havent been in contact with any of those guys in a very long time) but any I did as Mr Martcerv can be used in anyway anyone wants. With or without credit as it really doesn't bother me too much.

The base track is a bit dated but its good to have some Aussie tracks and until a better one is made, which people would obviously use at that point. Its better then nothing and any improvements made to it are just going to make it more enjoyable for all.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok did a few more laps, just like to stress how much I love having this track in RF2...bloody love it!

Graphics:
    - Obvious glitches on some trees, barriers, the Bank at the Hairpin, black pit building, billboards etc
    - Chopper flying into trees!
    - Birds flying at 100mph!
    - No Environment Reflection (on cars)
    - Curbs are too "sharp", the pointy ones need to be a bit more rounded off (being picky wih this one!)
    - Rear View Mirror and lack of objects shown
    - When sat in Pits the Rear View mirror shows a glitch in the wall behind

AI:
    - Driving too close to the Pit Wall
    - Occasionally hit the left blue barrier when entering the Pits, this causes issues with following AI who back up and block the main straight resulting in massive crashes
    - When leaving their Garage the AI tend to drive near to the Garages instead of in the actual Pit Lane.
    - Blue Barriers at the first & final turn need removing for AI as they hit them when trying to pass; Either push them back a bit so they're out of the way or remove completley in a 2nd "AI Layout" (unfortunatley AI racing is pretty pointless until this is fixed)
    - Better Block Path at the end of the main straight, so far the AI stay on the driving line for too long

Thats all I got so far, top job on the current version though I'm having a blast!

5. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

thx
    good work mate i will look into these issues now
    i'm having issues with the aiw editor in this build
    i will be releasing other mmm tracks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
  6. Radar

Radar Registered

Yep, true that..

7. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Thanks for this track, looks great for a v0.01!!

8. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for this track :)

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Good track but with some problems (no surprise when it's 0.01 :p):

View attachment 7101

AI was stuck there, going up and down in mid air, for the whole practice session. Maybe some contact with another car in the pit lane caused this?

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks so much for this track. Great with 60s F1:

11. DUFFBAG

DUFFBAG Registered

Great job. mate. Just got back from there on the weekend... Saw Lowndes do a mega burn out... all jizzed up since. Loving ur track mod. Will race anything there... Cheers.. :cool:

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

found version 1.4 of this track from http://www.rsrf.de/

probably nothing to do with this version?

13. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It's 50 megs, dude.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oohh ANOTHER Hidden Valley to download today :p

Hopefully the problems I listed above have been sorted, especially the AIW issues.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I think we can likely put this one to rest. At least the other one (updated to 1.4) is receiving some attention, though it has a ways to go.