Help with suspension setup - curbs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by petrolhead, Aug 20, 2021.

1. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

I am wondering is anyone out there can point me in the right setup diection to allow cars to ride curbs without unsettling the car. We are talking GT3 cars

2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

If the car has Fast Bumps settings, lower them, if not lower the standard bump settings. Might try lowering the springs too IF needed.

3. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

wrong camber (too low usually, but too high aswell) will unsettle the car when going over curbs. Seems to be more prominent effect in this game vs others for some reason...
    Might be too low pressure combined with too low neg camber too, altough most ride the lowest pressure without huge problems.

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am not an expert on GT3, but I have one idea. It depends on specific way you are targeting to hit curbs. Normally I'd expect someone to look to how attack mid turn inside, as thats where most aggressive curbs are usually built in.

I could suggest making rear end considerably softer than front end. It is a bit counter intuitive because it promotes stiffer front end - thus it should have harder hits. But stiffer front end in relation to rear end, will result in inner front wheel getting significantly more unloaded. A general principle- less weight transfer = more load transfer. Less load at the wheel results in lesser impact force at the curb. Of course you can adjust anti-roll bars for desired effect, but springs and dampers also are factors for body roll and load transfer too.

Furthermore, it is kind of known that rear soft antiroll bar is kind of "success" recipe with many rF2 cars. @Sim_Player Also had an interesting observation that there might be lack of body roll effect for aerodynamics efficiency in this simulation. Have not seen many talking about this, but he basically says there is no downside in having more body roll for aero car.