Help with multi-player please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maddawg, Jan 19, 2017.

1. maddawg

maddawg Registered

How can I set up a track and car in multi-player? Do I need to download a dedicated server? I would like one that is versatile, such that I can choose any car or track. Thanks.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

In launcher last icon on the bottom (globe with arrow).

Edit: Be sure to open ports in router, otherwise won´t work.

3. maddawg

maddawg Registered

Ok, I added the Dedicated Server to my rF2 folder. It shows up in Bin32 & Bin64. I am guessing that I would use Bin64 because I have a 64 bit O/S? Tried to open the Dedicated Server from rFactor2/Bin64 and the Mod Error: No mod files, blah, blah, Please download at least one mod. I thought I did that, added one car and one track. Selected "race" and nothing happened??

4. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

You need to create a mod using the Mas2.exe program.
    Just click on the icon above the "globe with arrow".

Inside there is a icon of a package, select and after that click in the first option "Create new mod package".

5. maddawg

maddawg Registered

Created the car and track file in Mas2.exe. Still not clear how I access the file package in Multi-player.

6. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

In the last screen inside the Mas2 you have to click package, install then done.

If you had success, when you click the globe, a screen to select the mod will appear.

Starting in 11:30 ...

maddawg likes this.
  7. maddawg

maddawg Registered

Yeah, that's what I need, how did you know, lol.

8. Depco

Depco Registered

Hopefully S397 is working on a more user friendly way of setting up one-off and on demand online racing servers. I am the server admin for my league and find the online server setup to be easy. My process is well established and well practiced. BUT i had some definite troubles when I first started out trying to host races. Once the router and .ini files were setup the only hitch in the giddyup was getting the GetMod service working right away. It certainly is the thing that takes the most time. Uploading the Track and Cars I am going to use to my Dropbox account and then using Noel's excellent Getmod service is a bit time consuming for one off events. A more streamlined/automated process for new comers would really help in this regard.

maddawg likes this.
  9. maddawg

maddawg Registered

Amen to that, Depco.