Help with installation

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Aldo Adema, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Aldo Adema

Aldo Adema Registered

Hi,
    I am new to RF2, I am stoked to play this game, especially now that my favorite track (The Green Hell) is added as DLC!
    But the game hangs at the startup screen. I had my steam apps on a different drive because my 256GB SSD system drive ran out of space. Read somewhere that RF2 needs to be installed on the system drive so today I bought a 500GB SSD, succesfully cloned my old system drive, placed RF2 on the system drive and….
    Still the same. Packages are downloaded, when I press the single player button the startup screen loads and hangs at a screen with the word "start" and in the upper left corner I see a bunch of textlines on top of each other. Please help, I spend all day, and 100 euro on the SSD to play this game :-(
    Thanks in advance,
    Aldo Adema

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Change your decimal separator in windows settings. The current UI does what you describe if it's set to , (comma) instead of . (full stop / period).

It's in your regional or language settings.

PS screenshots are always a good idea when something looks wrong (to help diagnose, and so others can see if their issue is the same), and you should consider asking a question directly before purchasing hardware - I believe many people run rF2 from a secondary drive. There may be old advice floating around.

David Kolody likes this.
  3. Aldo Adema

Aldo Adema Registered

Thanks for your reply, I had already found the answer here in this forum. Works! You are right about asking first but I needed more space anyway, this was just a good excuse to buy a new one...
    Time for bed now, still having troubles setting up VR, but will dive into that tomorrow :)

4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

My whole steam folder is installed on a separate drive. which includes all my steam games. My system drive is only 256gb so I try to install all other programs on to a separate drive. I also have a backup copy of the steam folder on another drive just in case any thing goes wrong. You just have to do it regularly, it's a large folder so it takes awhile to copy. Having a copy, it keeps all your settings for the games installed, it save's having to reinstall every thing if any thing doe's go wrong. Hope this may helpful to you.

5. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Welcome to rF2 & the forum ;)

Aldo Adema likes this.
  6. Aldo Adema

Aldo Adema Registered

Thanks GrimDad! I have to say that the Nordschleife is incredible in this game, just like the real thing (I did some laps for real over there).
    Haven't played this game in VR yet (I am downloading the DX11 beta atm), but so far I am impressed, physics seem to be on another level!

7. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

You need to opt out of beta for the latest build.
    For VR see the attachment
    rf2_vr.jpg

8. Aldo Adema

Aldo Adema Registered

Thanks GrimDad! Yeah, I found out that the DX11 beta was from 2017 so I stopped the download. Spend most of last night and today to get the VR working; to no avail. It works flawlessly in all my other sims (AC, ACC, PC2, RRE). I tried everything I could think of, dunno what more I can do :-(
    It starts, I see the logo, and it says loading VR content, and then it fades to black and gets stuck. Very frustrating!

9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered