Help with ignition/starter sound ?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jul 5, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay Thanks, and also thanks to all who tried to help me especially @Bernd who did actually fix it for me.
    I'm amazed at the generosity of complete strangers.

2. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

I know this site aswell stumbled across this capri and was annoyed by the ignition sound. but it makes me wonder... isnt the recent BMW 320M from the same page , reworked and was then put on steam?

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im not sure but thanks to @Bernd it is working well, he even waved his magic on the mirrors to rectify them showing the reversed reflections.
    I wonder if he could share his fix on this thread instead of PM? but that might be against the rules as was my posting the link to the cars.

4. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

No thanks :) my workaround is to hit the a.i. control button once, so the a.i. has control over the car for a few seconds. then i switch back to player control. i'd rather like to see those cars reworked... if i only know where to start...

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay , cool tip . That got rid of the starter sound ?
    Yeah , it would be nice to know how to mod but unfortunately its beyond me .

6. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

Yes indeed. I assign the button "i" on the keyboard with a.i. control. I enter a session and hit the button. the a.i. will take control of the car and the ignition sound disappears. as soon as the car starts roling i hit "i" again and after 3 seconds i get the control back.

By the way: even if you had an hard crash which turned the engine off, you can let the a.i. take over control and the car is working again (for the a.i.)