Help With Fanatec Club Sport Pedals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BasJon, Mar 22, 2012.

1. coops

coops Banned

the csp are the best value for $$$ plus if u buy the tuning kit u can adjust the way u want them to suit ur self and NO i have never had any probs with them. easy to clean easy to service and adjust. Tim is right with his comments.

and no BLOODY potentiometers.

g25 /g27 pedals you need (perfect pedal) to match just the brake

2. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

old thread but relevant issue

I have V1 clubsports. the throttle has been 100% fine for ages. however now i have to press the pedal about 25% to get it to register any movement

this happens in rf2 but also just in windows. its as if there is a huge deadzone appearing, however i have none set, and the fanatec control panel is just a graphic of the movement, there is no actual settings

any ideas?

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

This happened to mine, so I contacted Fanatec and they SOLD me 2 replacement sensors. When I took it apart to replace the throttle one, it turned out to magically fix itself (probably dirt/dust). Try to blow at them with something light incase some dirt is trapped, otherwise you might need a replacement sensor.

4. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

ok thanx.

the little silver box behind the pedal is the sensor?

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Should see a little metal cover with 3 hex screws; its behind that.

6. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

If they are V1s it is probably the wires soldered on to the sensor down to their last strands. Had this several times with mine, it's repairable. The newer sensors have plugs so not soldered.

There is nothing to blow out. These are a hall sensor activated by the proximity of a magnet. They work through dust unless the dust is metallic.

7. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Always make sure that the USB cable is seated in its jack and find a way to keep it from wriggling loose. A slightly loose connection can result in serious pedal calibrations issues. I cinched down the cable against the frame with a with a cable tie and haven't seen a problem since. IMO USB was not a good choice for connection to a device that gets as much jostling and impact as a pedal controller. This also explains why the the problem can just go away once you unplug them, clean them, fiddle with them and plug them back in...its the plugging them back in that's the fix.