Help To Mod Torque/Tyres

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Blake, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Blake

Blake Registered

2. Blake

Blake Registered

Hi All,

I am new to modding and want to modify Tyre size from 205/50r15 to 225/45r15. I have used the tool at http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/ to modify the tyre file. Is this all that is needed?

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

That's all you need to build the new tgm files. You will have yo repack the vehicle and change the tbc file to point the new tgm.

4. Blake

Blake Registered

Sweet thanks, got it working yesterday and seems to be fine. I also edited the tbc file on width and corrected the effective radius. Although someone said this is more for visuals than physics calcs?

Still struggling with the increasing the engine power. I used the online tool but as far as I can tell that just applies a multiplier to the existing torque values which is going to result in an engine making the power at lower rpm = more torque so it isn't correctly representing the engine. I am trying to use the physics calc spreadsheet to generate a whole new engine file using a torque curve I generated with physics editor program but not having much luck and I can't tell why.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am not sure which your problem is. Editing engine.ini should work quite straightforward. Watch out clutch
    and baulk torque values if you are increasing power too much. You need to deliver more power to the tires.

6. Blake

Blake Registered

Got it sorted, a typo was my undoing.

7. Marin Racing Dynamics

Marin Racing Dynamics Registered

hi guys im new in modding i have a problem

1- my car vibrates or the camera i dont now, when it is with engine off
    2- when 1 put 1st gear and i kick the throttle, and release it, the tyres keep spinning the only way to stop it, is putting N or pressing the brakes