Help to change default AI skin

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by buzz hornet, Nov 15, 2019.

1. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Hoping somebody could assist me with the following:
    I am using the FVR Mod 2018 and I simply want to change the default AI skin for an AI driver. In the past I used to get the .mas file and "cut" the file I no longer wanted and replaced with the new skin named the same as the one I no longer wanted.
    Example: "Cut" EMS99_AU18 and rename my new skin "EMS99_AU18" - identical file size.

I would then simply save the .mas and place back in the Installed-Vehicle in RF2. I would then fire up the game and the new skin would replace the old skin - simple and easy.
    But doing the same thing now means that when I go into the game the entire "Holden Commodore ZB" disappears. Obviously something has changed, have looked at various forums seeking a resolution without success - I know how to add a custom file for human and change the skins - works perfect but not for the AI. I think I need to package it up now, but getting stuck due the structure of the mod I think.
    For example there are 4 versions of updates 8.92, 8.95, 8.96 and 8.97 - (8.95-8.97 are only incremental updates with fixes etc). 8.92 all the "Holden Commodore ZB" teams have there own .Mas file (not 1 x single Team.mas).
    Example: FVR_AUZB18_TEAMS_EMS_892.mas, FVR_AUZB18_TEAMS_RBHRT_892.mas, FVR_AUZB18_TEAMS_GRM_892.mas.
    So I guess my questions are:
    1. Why can't I simply cut a file and rename the new skin the same - save the .Mas and Presto - it used to work. Is there another way to simply make the AI choice a default skin either by the .Mas approach or doing something directly in RF2.
    2. Do I have to create a single cmp package and go about this process? If so I don't know what version to select (8.92-8.97) and because there are multiple team .mas files do I only need to update the one I want Example: FVR_AUZB18_TEAMS_EMS_892.mas

Other notes: I am not worried about online compatibility issues - I only use the mod privately so assume in this instance this is for single player use (even though I do use it via LAN with a friend but it is simple enough to copy .mas to 2 x PC's).
    This is simply to change the default AI skins - not human (I got that working fine). I am also not concerned about having multiple AI skins associated within a .Mas - example some teams may have three or four different skins in the same .mas (I only need to change the default).

Sorry for my long winded explanation :) Hoping there is a really easy solution to fix :) Thanks in advance. Happy to provide screenshots.