SOLVED Help!!! Server loads, but game stalls and crashes

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Robert Burns, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Robert Burns

Robert Burns Registered

I am trying to host a race, invite a friend and race myself on the hosting machine. I have set up the 2nd player file, and have the dedicated server program pointing to it. I can set up a race, and it appears to go online. I then start up rFactor, and it gets as far as showing me the columns with the contents (Race, Community, etc) but there is no content visible (no race car pictured, no news items in list etc) and the game crashes.
    When I don't run the dedicated server program, rFactor runs as it should.
    Where am I going wrong here? Any help in this would be hugely appreciated.

2. Robert Burns

Robert Burns Registered

I changed the player 2 WebUI from 54297 to 54298 (both ports are open on router), and I now get as far being able to have the game load with options available, however going into multiplayer and clicking "more" to get a list of servers causes instead a blank grey screen to come up and the game just freezes.
    When I get the Dedicated Server program to start up, the Select Player File to use with this server gives me only the option of "player". Should that be "player2"?

3. Robert Burns

Robert Burns Registered

My apologies for my ignorance in all this. I truly appreciate your help!!!
    Ok, so I have successfully redirected the Dedicated Server program to the player 2 file, I did have it redirected but with the wrong syntax (an = instead of a +). So it now says player 2.
    I set the race with the dedicated server, and it starts the session. However, I'm now back to where when I start rFactor the game starts but I only get the rFactor/Race/Community etc headers at the top with nothing below, clicking on them the program freezes.
    I feel I am close....
    Again, can't thank you enough for any of your advice!!

4. Robert Burns

Robert Burns Registered

Solved!!!
    Thanks to Mangoletsi !!
    The error was as small as a space between "player2" and "player 2".

Mangoletsi likes this.