Help Needed

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I don't know if something has changed in the last day. I ran in the VEC pre-season test on the 7th and had no issues. I have come back to rF2 today and start the program - in the launcher it tells me that all mods and components are verified. However, when I try to join a server or go into single player, after about 20 seconds I find myself back at the launcher and no indication why. Thinking that it might be the VR, I turned this off to use my monitor and it does the same thing. I rolled back to build 1112 and it does the same thing. Reverted back to 1115 and no difference.

Anyone have any idea why and what else I should try? I have run a Heaven benchmark program and that worked as normal, so don't think it's hardware related.

2. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I don't know if anyone can read this and see something obvious

Attached Files:

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

There are a lot entries where physics and other files of different cars can not be found.
    I would suppose that this is causing the problem.
    Do you eventually have deleted some mas files by accident?
    What is strange, is the fact that all files are verified as you say.
    If everything would be ok, you would not have all these "could not find..." entries in the trace.
    Have you checked your installation with the steam integrity check?

4. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@Bernd Yes, have verified the integrity of the files and reports OK. Have wondered why so many cars cannot be found, but not aware of deleting anything. I have not had the message before saying that all the mods and components are verified.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@Mark Fuller
    I looked at your trace file and noted the last lines written.
    I than ran a trace=2 on mine.
    After plugins are analysed and loaded any plugins that aren't enabled in your CustomPluginVariables.JSON get unloaded as such:
    28.04s PluginManage 390: Analyzing plugin "TrackIR_rF2_Plugin.dll"
    28.06s PluginManage 417: Successfully loaded plugin "TrackIR_rF2_Plugin.dll"
    28.06s PluginManage 1090: Unloading plugin "KnockoutQualifying.dll" because it is disabled according to custom plugin settings
    28.06s PluginManage 1090: Unloading plugin "StockCarRules.dll" because it is disabled according to custom plugin settings

28.06s vidman.cpp 1755: Entered VidMan::Enter()

Maybe your CustomPluginVariables.JSON is corrupt.
    I would try renaming, moving or deleting it and run a Steam file verification.

Lazza likes this.
  6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That plugin is only identified as causing realtime issues, it's not banned.

@Bernd The steam verification only checks the base game files. It doesn't fix internal game references to missing content.

That does seem like a lot of broken content though, maybe is related.

A broken custompluginvariables file has caused a game launch failure in the past for me, try deleting it. At least one other report of broken json files recently too.

Bernd likes this.
  8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Didn’t say it was banned...I said it was on the S397 list of plugins not to use.

9. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Thanks for your input guys, will try the plugins advice when I get home from work.

10. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You have said that you did run the VEC pre season test as last action before the problem appeared.
    Is the problem also present, when you use their virtual mod, instead of All Tracks & Cars, as series?

11. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I am not able to get far enough into the sim before it returns to the launcher to change any options. I did try to update a GPVWC mod yesterday using Simsync and had some issues. I have tried deleting that mod, but nothing changes. I will try the plugins route this evening, then a Rf2 reinstall :(

12. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Before you do that, i would suggest to rename the player.json file before you start the game.
    If you start the game then, it will generate a new one and you will use the default settings.
    Maybe with that you can at least start the game properly again.

13. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Tried that yesterday with the same result :(

14. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Can you please check if the Porsche 991 RSR is installed properly?
    There should be the folder
    ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017
    with the subfolders 1.92, that contains the car.mas file with the physics files and 1.93, that contains the car-upgrade.mas file with the veh (teams) files.
    From your trace file it seems as if the veh files are there, but the physics files aren't.
    So you maybe are missing the car.mas file or the whole subfolder 1.92.
    If that is the case, you should only unsubsribe from the GTE, GT3 and Endurance DLC that you have, and subscribe again, to get it installed completely again.

15. dylbie

dylbie Registered

As has been said before it looks like you're missing numerous GEN, Spinner, CAM, HDV, upgrades, cockpitinfo, and SFX files for the following cars:
    991RSR
    ORECA_07
    NORMA_M30
    GPVWC_SL19
    GPVWC_SC19
    GPVWC_FC19T
    C7R_GTE
    M8_GTE

Have you been messing with any of the MAS files? 'Main' or 'Car' ones?

I'd suggest removing these mods/unsubscribing and try to run the game again.

I wouldn't have thought the game would need those files to just boot the game into the Main Menu, but rF2 does some crazy stuff behind the scenes.

16. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

No, not been messing with anything. Tried to update a mod yesterday using Simsync, refused to do it until I used the HTTP option. Then tried to test the mod and found this issue. I will check the folders as suggested above when I get home and also the plugins file as mentioned previously. Thanks for your help :)

17. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

It looks as though @Lazza may have nailed it. Just got home and renamed the custompluginvariables.json and it loaded and allowed me to select a vehicle and get to the pit menu. Just going to try again [just verifying files] and hope it works. Thanks @Lazza

Also, the message that the mods etc have been verified has disappeared!

18. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Mark Fuller could you be so kind and post the content of your corrupted CustomPluginVariables.JSON and also the content of the working one here?
    You could also upload both files.
    It would interest me, what (which plugin or plugin setting) can cause such a problem.

19. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@Bernd I have just had a quick look at the file and it's empty, perhaps that was the issue!! Also, my system does not seem to have created a new one, at least not in the location of the old one.

Bernd likes this.
  20. Bernd

Bernd Registered

OK, thanks for the Info. :)