Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark Fuller, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I need some help with solving a driving issue that I am having. At the start of a race event, the track is set to low rubber and real road to x2. I find that the rear snaps on me under heavy braking. To try and reduce this, I have practised on a green track with real road [RR] set to static. I then try on low rubber with RR still on static and using the same set up that I will use on the race server. I do not get any snapping of the rear in either of these conditions. However, as soon as I enter the Race server, the back will frequently snap on me under heavy braking. As far as I am aware, I am doing exactly the same and am perplexed as to why this happens. I have made a short video that demonstrates the scenarios. I am hoping that someone may see something that I am doing, or offer advice on how to remove this from my setup. T.I.A.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's difficult to analyse driving with full speed replays, the second one you definitely eased off the brake pedal earlier, but the first and third appear quite similar. I suspect you've braked later on the last one, but it's very difficult to judge.

Is it possible you have any driving aids enabled offline? Always worth double checking.

Online with x2 realroad there could be marbles reducing grip, though early on you wouldn't expect too much.

Finally, you may just subconsciously be pushing harder and braking later online. Also, once you feel that something might be happening (whether it's the rear snapping out more online, or - for example - a stiffer ARB causing entry oversteer) it's easy to inadvertently make it happen because it's what you expect to happen.

3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Thanks @Lazza . Will check the driving aids as sometimes they get left on from a different series. I have also had suggested that auto blip might not be helping, so have switched it off to see if that helps.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Try blipping yourself as well as auto , l automatically do it with all cars .

Alex72 likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have very little idea, but looks like your trail braking is worse in online. Also whatsup with DRS, why it looks to me like it opens up at braking, while I'd expect it to be opposite, does it just look so ?