Help needed, tried to run 2 builds next to eachother and have nothing anymore

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Eddy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hi guys, due to a league race this weekend and the mp problems in the current build we want to run the race in build 382 if no new stable build will be released

What did i do.

I installed build 382 in a separate folder called rFactor2 old.
    Launcher worked but when i tried to run a game i got ctd and windows message rFactor2 doesn't work anymore....surch the web for blablabla.
    Launcher of 494 also worked but also in this build same thing happened.

Deleted 382....didn't help 494 still not running and giving same message.

Made back up of documents rFactor2 and uninstalled completely.

Re installed 494 light and put back up, back in documents.
    even tried reactivating the program...

Still not running and getting same message. On-line as well as off-line so no rFactor2 for me anymore atm.
    Send support message to ISI and hope they will get me back on track again.

But i figured to post here and try to get some help from the community.

Help would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Edwin

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
  2. Pits

Pits Registered

Wish I could have some valuable input for you but alas no, I'm at 5 days now with the Join button not lighting up, like you I have no idea what to do.

Some in the club can get in after a few tries but not I.

Good Luck

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Go into mod manager from the launcher of the build you're trying to run. Make sure it's the launcher from that build's main install folder. Check the Working Directory is correct for that build/install. I found that even though launchers are separate, the changes in the directory settings are shared by the launchers, it may cause problems. Not all launchers will work with other builds, previously i've used the launcher from 1 build to run another build, but they aren't always compatible, I think there are compatability problems between launchers of 382 and 494. From what you're saying it seems you are using the appropriate launcher but check the settings anyway.

Check the Install Directory folder matches up to the one in the build you're trying to run, it's listed half way down mod manager and changes depending on the Working Directory selected.

Also go into UserData->Log and delete all the files contained in the CBash and Shaders folders.(This won't fix it but it's good practice :p )

Did you install rFactor Data? You should do that regardless of having the backup files to put there, set the Data and Settings Destination Folder to the same as the main installation, not in My Documents or anywhere else and see if it will run before copying in any of your saved UserData files. You shouldn't share Data and Settings folders with different builds.

Probably none of this will help but it's all I can think of from what you've said so far.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014