SOLVED Help Need for AIW pit

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by fab06, Jul 26, 2016.

1. fab06

fab06 Registered

hi

my first complete AIW File done with RF2 dev mod don't work , before i do all AIW with BTB/3dsimed and it work well ..

View attachment 20494

my pitstop havent the 2 green cross like on other track , how to do the link for the red rectangle with pitlane ??
    and same problem with start location , how to link the red rectangle with main track ??

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
  2. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

3. fab06

fab06 Registered

thx , i ever read this , but i don't see the solution inside ..

after this how to link the red rectangle (pit position) with the pitlane line ??

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you have hide special waypoints on in the show/hide menu? Have you created your pit path? Look like Cleveland :).

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Have you created and positioned all xsector and pit in/out gmts ?

But yes, you need to created pit path and the connect it to main.

Edit: connections from garage and pit stall to pitlane will be created automaticly after you save AIW and reload the track.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can't find the thread, but yeah, someone mentioned saving, closing, reloading, sometimes even twice, at specific points in the process.

7. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Lines from pitstalls to the pitpath are generated automaticly when you save, reload and save AIW again. After last save, you should exit the track and devmode one more time, fire up devmode and load the track. Then paths from pitstalls to pitpath should be visible if you activate "special waypoints" in show/hide menu.

If it still doesn't work, double check following things.

- are xPitIn and xPitOut polys placed correctly on both end of pitroad and are they faced correctly (normals towards driving direction)
    - is pitpath brances made correctly to main path on both ends of pitpath
    - have you setup pitstalls correctly. Pitstalls should be placed right next to pitroad, where cars supposed to stop and make pitstops during race. Garage spot and pitstall is not same thing.

8. fab06

fab06 Registered

thx for explanation to all ..

but it still won't work , perhaps my extension of pitlane for car's garage outside is the problem ..

View attachment 20506

i have done "extension of first pilane" and "connect" to the pitlane patch .. is that wrong ??

so at the begin AI car take the good way to the track but after few laps , when they take the pitlane for refuel (slow speed is ok) but they don't stop to pitstalls , just pass throw along the pitlane and go back to the track ..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
  9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Branching extentions are always tricky, sometimes the automization struggles to figure it out.

10. fab06

fab06 Registered

so after 3 days on and 50 new AIW , it still won't work .. even without extensions of pitlane

-1 main patch (save)
    -2 pitlane patch (save)
    -3 connect pitlane to main patch as a branch (both side) (save)
    -4 put 20x2 garage (save)
    -5 put 20 pit (save)
    -6 put slow motion point on the pitlane (save)
    -7 put 40 start location (save)
    -8 put 40 alt start location (save)
    -9 put a teleport point (save)
    -10 add the 2 aux location (save)
    -11 do the fast line (save)
    -12 calculate fuel (save)

i save and restart at all point and 3time more at the end of the process , but it don't generate Lines from pitstalls to the pitpath :confused:

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know how important this distinction is, but "save -> restart" is maybe not the same as:

'reload' - load AIW in devmode? Or reload track?

I know the one time I tried doing an AIW from scratch I also didn't end up with these connections I could see on other tracks, and I certainly restarted devmode a few times during the process, so there must be a trick to it. I still can't find the post I remember seeing with the process basically laid out, but maybe the person who did that post is already in here, I don't know :)

12. fab06

fab06 Registered

when i saved , i turn off rf2 dev mod ..

13. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

"Reload" means reload the track. While loading the track in devmode, game generates necessary lines automaticly.

14. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I don't see any "calculate corridors", this is a very important thing to do after each PATH (not patch :) ) has been made.

15. fab06

fab06 Registered

yep "path" sorry for my very bad english ..

i do "calculate corridors" after each pach to ..

i will try a last time today a new AIW just reloading the track without stoping RF2 dev mod and will see

thanx again to all for your help :eek:

16. fab06

fab06 Registered

ok , i have done another one new simple AIW with only 10 garage and 10 pitstalls etc , but it still not working ! !

someone know when rf2 is "generated Lines from pitstalls to the pitpath" ?? is it after doing garage and pitstalls and save ??

so i don't need to finish a bad AIW if this point is not working ..

17. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

For troubleshooting purposes...

Remove 1st pit extension branch and waypoints completely (and save), find corridors (and save), make few garage spots on pitlane, save, reload and save again.

If it works, then you probably have some problems 1st pit extension and/or branch to pitpath.

18. fab06

fab06 Registered

im not able do to an available AIW from scratch with RF2 dev mod , it wont generated lines from pistalls to the pitpath .. i surely miss something somewhere .. but what ??

thx to all for explanation (even if with google translator ,i dont understand all)

finally , i take the original AIW created with BTB (it was working well) and modified after , put pit extension ; all i want , etc .. and rf2 regenerated new lines from pistalls to the pitpath alone .. :confused:

so Next Problem now ..
    to be continued ;)

19. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Same thing? I don't use BTB... :(

Is there a way to add the Special Waypoints and the branches manually?

GRAB_000.JPG

20. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Why manually ? They are getting automaticly added after save and reload (must be in pitlane though). Special waypoints, as in slow downs can easily be added by just selecting a single waypoint and adding it.