Help installing custom skin

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Backmarker, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Backmarker

Backmarker Registered

Hi All,

I found the rf2 wiki on installing skins but it is not working for me. The last post in the thread was 2 years ago so I do not know if the info is outdated or if it is my usual incompetence with software and coding! haha
    :p

I downloaded a cool Nic Hamilton skin for the renault clio cup. After unzipping the file there is a folder on my desktop titled "Clio_Vodafone" (without the quotes). Inside the folder are 3 ".dds" files. Any chance that someone can patiently walk me through the process of where (or how) to install the folder or files so I may use the skin in the rfactor2 game? I included a pic of the folder and file names to help.

thanks!
    ;)

View attachment 17380

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Welcome! :)

In rF2 go to any of the clio cars then click "tuning"

When the car has loaded look to the right and you will see "create dir", click it

now exit rf2 and navigate to your player directory (usually C:\Users\yourname\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player)

inside that folder will be a folder called settings, somewhere in there will be a folder called clio.

Inside that will be a folder of the car you pressed "create dir" on earlier.

Those 3 files go in there.

When you go back into the game and press tuning on the same car, you can select the skins where it has "variants"

3. Backmarker

Backmarker Registered

Your directions worked! thank you!!!

View attachment 17381

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Good.... glad you got it sorted and that I helped! :D