Help Install Skins Please!!?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by GT1, Jan 12, 2015.

1. GT1

GT1 Registered

Hi there, I have some skins that I would like to install ti the URD mod, I have installed the skin pack, but there are some not in it that are done by other users. I like the way it works in the skin pack, the new car skins show up as separate vehicles.
    I have downloaded some skins and they are in the form of .MAS files.
    I placed them into for example, rfactor2, installed, vehicles, URD_EGT_Bayro, 1.81...... This seems to be where the community skin pack goes. But it does not show up in the vehicle selections in game.

Can anybody please? I do not want the skins to be as alternatives to existing vehicles rather individual vehicles that can be also used by the A.I .

Thanks

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I am guessing you aren't using build 910 yet. I'm trying to recall from memory but somewhere from build 860 I think, ISI added a feature where it would automatically uninstall older components when installing newer versions. This was handy and all but it broke update components because the new version was dependent on the old version. This bug was fixed in build 906.

3. GT1

GT1 Registered

Yep im using 910 alright :)

I take them as I downloaded them from the site and drop them into that 1.81 folder but nada.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Could you tell us which skinpack it is and where it can be downloaded?

5. GT1

GT1 Registered

6. redapg

redapg Registered

But that seem to be just "ALT" skins for the cars Nr. 91 and 93.
    It's not a skinpack with new skins that can be installed as an update.

I don't use such things and don't have much experience with it.
    And i don't know if they work when packed as a mas-file or if they have to be extracted.
    But THIS post can help you creating a new Team/Driver with these skins, but only for offline usage.

7. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

The skins you've downloaded do not go in the folder you described which is the installation folder (C:\Users\Allan\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles\URD_EGT_Bayro\1.81). Yes, some leagues and skin-pack makers do it this way but such is not the case with the ones you point to in your last post. They go in the C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ folder in a folder for the car of your choice. The original URD EGT Bayro had only two cars: BAYROE5_05 and BAYROE5_06 so if you downloaded a custom skin named MyZ4Alt.mas the placement would be either...
    C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\URD_EGT_Bayro\BAYROE5_05\MyZ4Alt.mas
    or
    C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\URD_EGT_Bayro\BAYROE5_06\MyZ4Alt.mas

You can create the folder manually or click the create folder button in the Car Selection "Tuning" (recommended because it doesn't make typos). Once you have put your skin in the folder, you can return to the Tuning spinner (click Reload) and scroll to your new skin.

8. GT1

GT1 Registered

Ah that worked a charm!! Thank you very very much, one last question is there a means of having them as there own car and not an alternative skin?

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sorry, I misunderstood the first post. First off, the latest URD is v1.8 not 1.81. 1.81 is just a 3rd party skin pack. I thought that was the skinpack you were referring to. Luckily redapg spotted the real issue. :)