Help IBLSTANDARD

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Andrea1968, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

hi, I put some photos to better explain the problem.
    in this case we refer to the audience (crowd).
    in photos 1,2,3 are made with BUMPSPECULARMAP, in photos 4,5,6, with IBLSTANDARD.
    the photos were taken at the same point at the same time.
    in practice with IBLSTANDARD when the objects are in shadow (sun behind) they are too dark, unlike the bumpspecularmap which instead are perfectly visible.
    if I increase the cursor of the emission I solve the problem, but then at night it is not good because the object is too luminescent.
    I also tried using the emissive mask but the results are not satisfactory. how can you solve it?
    thanks

Attached Files:

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Well the problem would seem to be that you have not authored appropriate maps and just adjusted sliders with out any obvious purpose? :)

Firstly, spectators don't emit light, so you there is no reason to use an emissive map.
    Secondly, Just putting the albedo maps in there is clearly not going to work. If you are not going to use these maps you are better disabling them rather than putting "random" data.
    The specular and ambient occlusion will make in shadow darker since you are removing those parts of the lighting equation...

3. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

yes, using only alb and nm the situation has improved a lot, thanks again for the advice and I hope they will also be useful to many others.
    Screenshot (147).jpg Screenshot (148).jpg