Help grouping cars in same class

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Robedias27, Apr 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Robedias27

Robedias27 Registered

I can't figure out what line to edit in order to put these cars in the same racing category.

I want to have 3 classes on the same track - pulling from different mods. How do I make them group into GTE, GTD, and DPi?

[​IMG]

2. redapg

redapg Registered

@Robedias27 The Classes are defined in the veh Files, in the Line
    Classes="XYZ"

3. Robedias27

Robedias27 Registered

That "classes" line will put the cars in the same AI opponent list - but they're not the same "class" when it comes to scoring. The line I found to edit what I wanted was in the "upgrade.ini" file in the main.mas file. See attached.[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Robedias27

Robedias27 Registered

I respectfully disagree - I edited the .VEH file and could not get the result I wanted. When I edited the upgrades.ini file, i got the result I wanted. Nowhere in the "veh" file could I find and edit "URD_EGT_Venom" so I could change it to GTE. Problem has been solved by editing the "upgrades.ini" file. If you can show me via screenshots how you do it with the veh file, that would help me understand.

5. Robedias27

Robedias27 Registered

Nope. That just puts them in the same opponent AI list (when you're choosing your opponents.)

Try it - put an F1 car and a Stock car in the same "class" using that line. Show me the results. I couldn't get it to work using that line.

6. Robedias27

Robedias27 Registered

See the graphics above. I circled "class" - you see how every car is labelled differently? URD_GTE_Venom, Bentley Continental GT3, etc. etc. - I wanted the cars to be grouped by "class" in that description. I wanted the porsche, corvette, viper, ford, aston martin ALL to be grouped into the same class - GTE. That way their "PIC" or "Position in class (i'm guessing that's what it stands for, can't really find it anywhere) would be relative to each other.

So i can have 3 classes competing on the track - and you can tell using the PIC where cars are ranked in their class lineup. I thought the pictures did a reasonable job communicating what I was trying to achieve.

7. Robedias27

Robedias27 Registered

As far as I'm concerned, the problem has been solved - and I'm happy with what I've come up with.

8. Robedias27

Robedias27 Registered

I'm trying not to be rude here.

This is the end result I achieved by editing the "main.mas" file - upgrade.ini.

This is what I wanted. You see how there is a red group and a green group? This is what I wanted. I got it by editing the "displayclassesoverride" string.

My classes are now separated like i want them.

It would make sense to edit this in the veh file, but that's not what I did.

Edit: I tried in the veh file, i tried everything. I now have a GTE opponent list, GTD opponent list, and DPi opponent list. This was achieved by editing the "classes" line in the veh file. However, the red and green grouping on the scoreboard (see below) was achieved by editing the MAIN.mas file.

[​IMG]

9. redapg

redapg Registered

@Robedias27 That whole Thing is abit more complex.
    If you had written in your opening Post, that you want to see the same Class for all used Cars in the Results, our Answers would have been differently, of course.
    But so it was, at least for me, misunderstandable.

10. Robedias27

Robedias27 Registered

Right. It was my fault. Sure. I didn't post enough pictures I guess.