Help BLENDER size

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Andrea1968, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

hi, I have a problem with the dimensions for blender.
    I create an object (for example a path) with race track builder, I export it in fbx and load it in blender, make changes with blender, export in fbx and with 3dsimed I create the gmt.
    when I load the object in mod dev it is gigantic, how can I set blender to get the same scale as the object created with race track builder and 3dsimed?

2. Emery

Emery Registered

3. adamfarmer

adamfarmer Registered

I thought this had stopped being an issue so it’s worth checking the dimension in Blender after you’ve imported it from Race Track Builder. Either way, when you export from Blender to FBX, in the options at the bottom left of the screen, set the scale to 0.1. That should solve it!

Edit: 0.01 as per below!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  4. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

solved, after importing on blender select the object, click s key to scale and type 0.01 (in practice 100 times smaller). in this way it is perfect in dev mod is perfectly hooked and dimensioned.
    Thanks for info.

Emery and adamfarmer like this.
  5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Again as a summary for everyone, there are three ways to achieve the same result:

First way is on import of a FBX you can scale the model down to 1% size. To do so you have to press "S", then simply enter "0.01" or "0,01" and finally confirm it by pressing ENTER. Pro tip here: You can also enter the scale without the leading zero!.

The second way (that I prefer) is to create a copy of your model when you are finished with editing/modeling and move that copy to a empty layer (I call it my export layer) and then scale it down to 1% before exporting it again.

The thirds way is to enter the scale of "0,01" into the respective field in the lower left corner during export of the model. Pro tip: You can set your export options there (e.g. only export selected mesh and size) and save this as a preset. To do that you simply need to press the "+" button and enter a desired name for the preset in the small dialogue. Now you can select that preset from the dialogue every time you want to export something! I for instance have presets for different games or export purposes. That way you don't have to repeat all the clicking and setup again each time.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Andrea1968 and Emery like this.