HELP AIW !!!

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Andrea1968, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

hello, I'm a beginner with the editor of AIW Rfactor2, I managed to create the main track, the pit track and connected together, placed the whole box and its garage but I can not create the start / finish line and then I can not make the lines FAST RIGHT LEFT and even the cars remain without petrol after 10 meters. I'm going crazy, could someone explain how to create the start / finish line and calculate the fuel needed for artificial intelligence?
    is it possible to have a detailed explanation on the items to be clicked on the editor menu?
    I know it's a delicate subject but I thank in advance who can explain how to do it.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Start/Finish is an object you need to export from 3ds max/blender, same with the sectors, they are called xsectors.
    For fuel, you go to unsupported/test, and click calculate fuel usage.

3. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

ok thank you so much for info, I installed blender, you need some version in particular? could you show me how to import the path (I think fbx) and possibly how to extract the xsector?
    thank you

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

5. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

Thank you, I will begin to follow the lessons of blender to collect in the future the useful tips to apply to rfactor2

6. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

I'm back, I solved, I took the files (xfinish, xsector1, xsector2, xpitin, xpitout) and their texture dds from joswille, imported, resized and positioned on my project with 3DSIMED (3DSIMED is really powerful !!!!)and they worked very well allowing me then to create the fast line and fuel,
    I'll be back soon for info on the tdf file and the realroad and then I'll have almost all the elements to do some little work.
    thanks for the advice and I hope this information will also serve other inexperienced people like me.