Help!, 3 monitors with different size

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Willie, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Willie

Willie Registered

I'm buying two more monitors that I have, but can not find the same size.

If you put two monitors on the sides a little smaller shrink by "the images?

Or respect the size and only the field of vision will be smaller?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Don't quite get the question.

I know you can have different sized monitors. I think the issues will be more with if your using ATI or Nvidia. rFactor is a pretty simple game when it comes to triplehead. It will work but may be skewed a bit.

Post more info.

3. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

As far as I know rFactor is not multi-monitor aware; meaning rFactor will run what every resolution the monitor you are using is set to. So to make that work you have to present rFactor with single resolution using special hardware or software. With that said if your two outside monitors are a different resolution I don't see how, if it will at all, it will work. It all depends on what method you are using to get that spanned resolution. To run that with out any skew you would need to use the vertical resolution of your smallest monitor.

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Both (nVidia's SLI Surround and Ati's Eyefinity) hardware supported solutions require the same resolution for all 3 monitors. There is a software solution - SoftTH, that supports side monitors with different resolution that the main one but perfomance is worse and the whole software setup may not be that easy as you would get with one from nV or Ati. SoftTH require any additional card (butof course not old PCI S3 Virge or something like that ;-) ) which will be used as output for the 3rd monitor.

5. Rantam

Rantam Registered

Willie, it would be good if you let us know your hardware configuration (GPU, monitors and if you're using any Matrox hardware for that triple screen configuration).

I may suggest that despite having different monitor sizes try buying the new ones with the same max. resolution your current one has (example: 1280x1024).

Regards

6. Willie

Willie Registered

Thank to all, i think already find a internet-shop with monitor with the same size that mine!

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

A friend of mine has recently updated his SoftTH to the newest version and says it now works nearly flawlessly in rFactor. He has a larger center then side monitors so is in the relatively same boat as you.

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I am running 3 monitors as well.

2x 26" 1920*1200 on the left and right.
    1x 30" 2560*1600 in the center of my setup.
    5970 (5870x2)
    Creating a group of displays will result in 5760 (3x1920) X 1200.
    So my 30" in the middle has to interpolate.
    rFactor 1 is also a bit limited for me, i hope we can change degrees of the monitor in rf2 and select additional monitors without creating an eyefinity group.
    I would prefer selecting 1,2 or 3 monitors even when running them as extended desktops.
    Creating a group will steal you all your benefits from the extended desktop (for example window management, switch to full screen in apps stretch over 3 screens, etc.).