Heat haze on asphalt?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racefreak1976, May 23, 2012.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

This is an example of the effect we all talking about, it is suttle but present just look at the telegraph poles dancing -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3phpYgByuY

@Racefreak yes it was probably me that took you out the other night I was having a frustrating night of racing, I dont intentionally take people out I probably spun of the grass and lost control, was it at mills? If it said Tankslapper above my head then I cant deny it.

2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Yes, it did say Tankslapper indeed. I was thinking you must have had a bad day, because so far I knew you to be a very fair driver. Don't worry though I'm used to being in the back of the field. ;)

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Am I going nuts or is the Heat Mirage/Haze not working in Build 198? Was there before in previous Builds but I'm just not seeing it now on a hot day :confused:

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm not sure I've seen heat haze, and I have definitely not seen exhaust heat in a loooooooong time. I've done several completely fresh installs of rF2 but haven't seen it in at least 6-8 months or more... is it disabled? I have graphics set to max.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

exhaust haze is there, especially prominent in the T5 Mod. I remember heat haze from the track looked a bit funky in previous builds so maybe it was taken out to make better, dunno, either way I'm not seeing it now.

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Guys...
    I'm all for new things but let them get the important stuff done first... things like stable shadows, frame optimization, etc..
    They can always come back to heat haze and pit stop animation and that stuff later.
    I fear if we keep asking for every little thing, it'll become too much of a distraction.

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol, I'm sure they'll not be distracted... They probably (and hopefully) have their goal set up and won't let forum users wishes affect them too much... I mean, they never replies to threads in the 'Wish' forum section. They've said that they do read it though, but I doubt it.

Also, the heat effect and exhaust heat is not new things.
    But otherwise I agree with you, important stuff before new stuff.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm just wondering why it's not there anymore, hardly a major pressing issue but it'd be nice to have it back in. This game is meant to be moving forward not backwards!

Wish List items have been added, Ghost Car being one of them.