Headlights

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by RJames, May 18, 2014.

1. RJames

RJames Registered

Hi all,

Quick question; Is it possible to make it so that headlights on a car are always on (and register as being on when it goes to night) and to setup the headlights button to become full beam (so brighter).

Watching most endurance racing requires the lights to be on all the time by default and when you get multiclass racing the headlights are flashed to show others that they are there (note not a "get out my way" button).

Rob

2. RJames

RJames Registered

Well so far i've managed to get the beams to show on the road by default and when the headlight button is pressed they go brighter. However a issue is that by default the light bulbs don't show as lit, only the beam on the road. When the headlight button is pressed then they come on. So it's half working.

Also the same method does not seem to work with the rear lights but i've played very little with those.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'd like it if when the game gave us that message that headlights are now required, the lights came on automatically. I have been in several races where someone got DQ'ed because they either didn't have the lights mapped to a button or forgot what that button was and the very short amount of time you have to turn the lights on wasn't enough before they got DQ'ed. IMHO this feature is a no-brainer, no one wants to get DQ'ed because of their lights

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You would just have to make it so your headlight texture is looking like the headlights are on, not off like usual. Then your hlglo material can be the high beams or something like that.

5. RJames

RJames Registered

Yep got it figured out in the end, unfortunately it would still result in the game asking for headlights to be turned on when it gets dark meaning everyone would switch to full beam which is sort of counter productive. Shame really.

6. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Any chance you share how you did it?