Headlights in Cockpit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Empty Box, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

With the automated HDR, I've been doing more night racing. There is one question though that I haven't seen answered after doing a search, so simple question.

Is there any easy way to disable headlights from cars behind in your cockpit?

I've tried the player.ini file tweak for...

Headlights On Cars="0" // Headlights illuminate other cars.

I've tried both 1 and 0, neither seems to have an effect. All settings are set to their maximum available in the menu, so maybe those options are overriding the player setting?

Right now, it seems that whenever a car behind me has it's lights on, the cockpit goes awash in lighting, but that simultaneously causes a whole bunch of issues that are still there, from rFactor1. I've had my gauges in the Howston go blank, only to reappear, only to go blank, only to reappear again, I've seen trackside objects do much the same while looking out the windshield. Frankly, both issues are more annoying than the loss of cars behind you casting light into the cockpit. I'm not worried so much about the dirty windshield, the cars I drive I'm using a clean one anyways. I'm going to go out on a limb and say those issues are not a driver issue considering I've tried a variety of drivers, it's been a bug from the start, it was there in rF1 as well though not as prominent. It's fantastic racing at night, it looks great, until things go whack.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, as far as I know there's no such option. Maybe you could disable all other headlights, but that's probably about it.

The line you've got there is I think more to do with whether car bodies are lit up by the current car's headlights, rather than the effects on your own cockpit.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yep, the Howstons have a lighting problem for the dashboard when the car behind you comes close... haven't tried that many other cars yet. It's definitly not a driver issue.

4. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Yea, that is what I was figuring, but I also guessed that if you disable the lighting from lighting the car, that would also disable lighting up the cockpit. But it doesn't even look like it does the stated option, because regardless of the setting the lights still illuminate other cars, so I assume it's a holdover option, similar to track load commentary. (F1C, anyone?)

I was thinking maybe that option ties into another option and may be overridden, hence why it does nothing.