Headlights are now required. F1, lighted track.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rsgraham59, Nov 24, 2018.

1. rsgraham59

rsgraham59 Registered

Hi We are racing the F1 season, but when it comes to night or day/night races we get the message that "Headlights are now required". This happened in an update sometimg, it wasn't always like this.
    The F1 cars don't have headlights of course and the track is fully lit (Singapore/Abu Dhabi). If you don't turn on the headlights, you get DQ'ed. IF you have a key bound for headlights, you can press that and it says "Headlights N/A" but then rF2 seems happy and doesn't DQ you.
    My question is - How can we stop this behaviour for cars that don't have lights and the track is lit anyway. I can't find any option to disable it on the server.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If the track doesn't have this in its GDB file:

HeadlightsRequired = false // whether headlights are required at night

then it should.

If it does, I believe it's a bug...

3. rsgraham59

rsgraham59 Registered

Thanks for the quick reply.

I looked at the gdb file and it has
    HeadlightsRequired = true // whether headlights are required at night
    so it's a track error.
    Is there any way to verrride it without changing the gdb file??

I'm pretty sure it didn't used to DQ you either but now it does.

4. rsgraham59

rsgraham59 Registered

I found how to unpack the track, make the change and package the track with a new version, but it would be nice if it could be overridden easier than that.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is rF2 we are talking 'bout. EVERYTHING could be easier. I fairly certain the new UI will cover many of the manual edits, but I doubt track changes will be part of it.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie I'd say your right, but I hope one day this sort of option - which could easily change from track meet to meet, depending which cars are turning up - can be overridden as part of hosting a server.

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

The reason most track makers set 'HeadlightsRequired = true' in their tracks is because of another bug. In offline races, the AI cars drive around the track at night without headlights if this setting is set to False. I'm talking about tin top cars, not F1. I'll just report this bug too.

8. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I'd investigate the cars rather the track because you don't have this issue with other cars without headlights. For example, try the Stock Cars in a track with HeadlightsRequired = true (ie Road Atlanta) and you will not have the message nor the DQ. Use a car with headlights in the same track (ie Porsche 911 GTE) and you will have it. So, there is definitely something in the car that tell to rF: "hey, i don't have headlights so don't ask me to turn them on".

I did a quick research in some HDV files and there is nothing about headlights, but in the GEN files there are some lines.
    In the SkipBarber (a car without headlights) there are only few lines about rain lights.
    In the Simtek Lambo GT3 there are a lot of lines about front headlights, tail lights etc, so i'd do a check in the GEN file of that F1 mod.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018