Head Tilt (not RHM, LWW)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CeeBee, Aug 24, 2020.

1. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

Hey All.

I am trying to emulate this "roll" with in cornering. I tried real head motion, but could not manage it, (do not eliminate PEBKAC as the reason).

its not "look with wheel", or look left right, the head tilts angular when you go around corners and shakes when you hit curbs.

Is this possible in RF2? I have no idea if its realistic, but, the heart likes what the heart likes and its a showstopper when the mates come around to play on the rig.

(this is AC with NeckFX, but ACC has a similar motion built into its helmet cam.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It would be possible to do this with a plugin that manipulates the roll left and roll right camera controls. It would work only on screens because VR disables the camera movement controls. (just for info)

3. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

I kinda gave up on VR until it grows up a bit more, its still way too low resolution, maybe by the 3rd of 4th iteration of video cards from now they will reach good gameplay. I race on triples mostly now, VR for flightsim as there is nothing to see except cockpit anyway.

I write plugins for cad software as a side job, I might have to go have a look at the api for rf2...

4. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

ah.. found the setting stashed away in player.json to enable the roll.
    Tested at 30 degree's, a tad much, ill back off to about 20 degrees
    (lots of other nice little settings hidden away in there!)

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player
    edit this from 0 to radians
    "Leanahead Angle":0.523599,
    "Leanahead Angle#":"Angle to lean head (roll) w\/ steering in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",

EDIT: Just reduced, much better at 20 degrees, 0.349066 radians.

Lazza likes this.