having trouble updating content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yusupov, Feb 27, 2015.

1. yusupov

yusupov Registered

in my mod manager, the old skip barber & bt brabham are no longer present. im really not sure why the brabham in particular isnt. there is an "ISI_BT20_Vehicle" file 1.48 but i cant uninstall it bc it says its linked to BT20_1966 1.49. that file does not exist, as far as i can tell. ive no idea how it wouldnt as i dont recall deleting it.

i think in installing the skip barber i did delete the old file manually & as a consequence i don't believe the new on has 'taken' -- ie i see both in the menu & if i select the newer version, but go back to the vehicle selection screen, the older version is now highlighted.

help?

2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

worst case, if ISI has the old files, could they be reuploaded so i can DL them & put them in the packages folder? (if this would even work) would really like to get this cleaned up & up to date.

3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

spoke to soon, the 1.60 is the only one ingame. still unclear about whats going on w/ the skip barber though.

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

At the top of mod manager you have a row of filters: Loc Veh snd etc.
    Choose mlt and you will see BT20_1966 1.49
    Uninstall that multicomponent as opposed to just the vehicle file.

Skip is also a multi component.

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

thank you! i had everything selected but for some reason only when i deselected everything & just chose it they showed up. should be all good now.

6. matf1

matf1 Registered

Sweet :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Use different package folders for tracks, addons, ISI cars, ISI tracks, tools .............yadda yadda

By doing that every time you change package location it will refresh the lists......... properly

So for instance you go to ISI cars or ADDON tracks ( whatever ) everything will be present and clear and in order, not higgledy-piggledy :rolleyes:

How do you think a single packages folder is going to look in a couple years ?

Oh wait.......... guess I know the answer to that.

8. bwana

bwana Registered

DD ,do you rename each package folder as say Packages tracks/packages addon etc?? or are they all just packages? "please explain" as a rangar once said