Having strange graphic things.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Marcel van der Linden, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Marcel van der Linden

Marcel van der Linden Registered

Hey guys,

Few weeks ago i posted a 6 or 7 seconds delay problem. I went back from win8 to win7 and now its ok.

But i still have some other issues. I also bought a new GPU Nvidia gtx770 2GB. FPS are stable at 60 FPS as i put the max framerate to 60 in my plr file. Only at the start and with alot of (AI) drivers its going a bit lower to 55 but thats all.
    Nothing spectacular. But then my problem is there. I have 60 fps but it doesn't feel like it is. My CPU temp is at 55 (high but still ok) cpu is not changing frequency or whatever. GPU is at 50 degrees and not at 100% Load.

I made a video and put it on youtube.

Video made with Nvidia shadowplay. U see that the fps is fine. GPU load also. Sometimes fps drops a bit. But also take a look at my cpu bars. There u see my first core is going crazy but my second core is madness.
    Also take a look at time 4:40. There u see my cpu 2nd bar going crazy.

I know i cant make any diffrence with Assetto Corsa but graphics are smooth and i dont have that strange FPS feeling when i put the framelimit to 60.

Here is my vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfeNbxEdttM

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Sounds like a timing issue. If the frame is not fully rendered at the time it should appear on the monitor it will be dropped. For a 60Hz monitor I would give 10% more to the frame limiter (max frame rate: 66 fps).

3. MJP

MJP Registered

Given what you've told us then the GPU (green) bar isn't really doing anything unexpected. If you raised or removed the FPS cap then it would spend alot more time showing full right.

It's the CPU (purple) bar that's a worry, it seems a bit high for comfort, is it that high when you're not recording? Also this is the new 'optimised' version of Silver, what was it like on the old version or online even, it wouldn't surprise me if the bar went full right and give you the slowdowns you mention.

I know you said your CPU speed isn't changing but what are you using to measure that and what speed is it running at? The CPU bar's a bit too high even at 3.4GHz (stock), how many cores are you using, are any of them parked (check in Resource Monitor).

4. Marcel van der Linden

Hi, well i didn't do anything. It runs on 4 cores. I have core temp on my second screen. There i see the frequency and that was not changing. I switched off turbo boost so ensure that it wasn't the boost.
    I really cant figure it out. And my i7-2600K is more then enough for rf2. There is also no background stuff going on.
    GPU is running fine. Its the strange stutters i have. Im also tried running rf2 on ssd and normal hdd drive and still same stuff.

5. mbezik

mbezik Registered

exact same problem im having, really frustrating. im pleased you mentioned that you had tried it on ssd and hdd as this was gonna be my next test as im currently running on an ssd

6. mbezik

mbezik Registered

found a fix for my problem last night, turned out the gfx were set to 60hz refresh and when i reduced to 59 the micro stutters and seemingly soupy framerate was fixed, not sure if its the same for you? im now getting between 130-180fps with everything on full settings

7. Marcel van der Linden

Well i need to try that. But i have, again, reinstalled my computer and now the problem is solved. But last time it laste for about 2 weeks.

Ill try the setting u used. My FPS is ok around 80-90 with some peaks to 110. I dont care how FPS i have i just want it to be smooth.