Have you noticed where the REAL racing is???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bryan Birtwell, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

i have to say i find this the best server in rfactor. I raced today and it just keeps getting better. When I first purchased the beta i tried the 60s f1 cars and got waaayyy discouraged and never tried them again only when i saw F3s @ spa=fun i said F3 lets try those now they are my favorite to drive atm....no one cares i know lol im just so happy right now :p

2. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Mean what files to play on F3s @ spa=fun

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

On page 2 of this thread, you'll find a link to one of the vmods (60's) and it will also tell you what tracks are needed. there is also another 60's vmod. I've been on the server twice now and the vmod was different each time.

The one on page two didn't have the Mid-Ohio track so it booted me. I tried the other vmod (don't remember the name) and it did have Mid-Ohio, so I spent a couple of hours on the server.

4. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Thanks

5. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Yes I've enjoyed several races with the F3's Spa, it so rewarding when ya get it right. Thx Bryan for running a server, hope I can get the password.
    Are you going to run a Teamspeak room as well it does make it a better experience to talk to other drivers while online.

SS ~XR~

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ah sorry mate ....doh
    I am sticking with F3 and Spa for now.

Yesterday 4:22 Today 4:19 and the funniest late braking attempt at La Source you ever seen, comical.

My throttle foot starts shaking on a good lap. lol :p

Had a full room today was fun, but either I had a knock on the door, wheel needed resetting,
    I would start talking to someone in my room and crash or the cat jumps on the headrest and lays on you.

4am in the morning is better for me. :)

7. PJ Dunham

PJ Dunham Registered

Ive Been driving round with DurgeDriven on his server today and had a blast, first time using the F3 started off 4:21 ended up 4:18.4 no draft but had many clean draft runs.......

**WARNING** Watch durge when he gets a good start its comical you can see his car moving in the mirrors with excitment then usually ends in hedge lol

8. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

It was good, clean racing. I thoroughly enjoyed my race there. Unfortunately, RF2 stopped responding just as I passed the checkered flag in third. It did not save the replay which I wanted to edit and post. Bunner.

9. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Thanks for advice, I'll try some more practice and then I guess it's time to venture online. It sounds like people are having a lot of fun online with the F3s.

10. cookie

cookie Registered

Thanks for the server last night had blast , never driven Spa with the F3s before lots of fun .:)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I emailed ya it mate.

12. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

@Durge... Thanks for the reply and the replay file. Unfortunately our race was not on that one (Belgium R 1.50.rar). It may be on the 1.49 or 1.51 file. This one must have been from another race.

13. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I can't get on the server now?? what changed? i was fine all day yesterday.. i need my fix im itchin real bad. :confused: I noticed the server is racing @ palm beach and for some reason that track isn't included in my version of the mod (f1 elites) I DL the other one but it states i can't installed because im missing everything..:mad: im giving up....

14. jomaho

jomaho Registered

I had to go offline and choose PB from the track list... then the server loaded the track

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

skeletele we got in Monday night but i had to choose PB and the first mod bryan told us, offline as jomaho said.Know its confusing,hope bryan clears all.
    cheers nikos

16. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

yes I tried to load pb within the mod in SP but for some reason it wasn't an option I will try again tomorrow thanks for the replies ;)

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry man.

I will check replays mate and get right one.

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Has anyone entertained the thought of dedicated forum for "F3s @ spa=fun"?

I've had experience working with phpBB3 and could help.

Just thought it might be interesting.

19. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

That does sound interesting... Except it's "F3s @ ??? = Fun!". But, I do think it's a great idea.

I'd like to eventually use this server for mostly league use... with times during the day/night that the server would be open to the public.

Right now, during the day (Arizona Time) there are a handful of guys from the UK and Australia, that are looking to get a league with clean racers and I may be looking to get some folks that are on a little later to start a league or at least know that there's a place to go for some good clean racing fun! Mid-Ohio, Belgium, Snetterton, Putnam park, are but a few of the tracks that people are finding to be an absolute blast to run these little cars on.

Cya on the track!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  20. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Jim, to answer your question, yes there is and it was posted elsewhere in these pages. I know because I am the one that is working on the league series starting soon. You must register for access to the RF2 sections.
    http://racing.lefora.com/