Have a look to Battlefield3 and Origin and think about matchmaker conection ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flavor, Nov 16, 2011.

1. flavor

flavor Registered

Hello, Im rfactor driver and Battlefield soldier too.

Only want to report the thousands of crashes that Origin and Bf3 have because of this needed connection between them.

Think you are working hard to make a better connection software than Dice and Ea have made with Origin. A crash in a battlefield game dont mind, because can reconect and continue playing. But a crash in a driving simulation game its a disaster.

Im very unhappy with the connections Origin<->Bf3 , and now suddenly think about connections of matchmaker<->rFclient and get afraid ...

2. maatriks

maatriks Registered

We'll see how it works in beta, it will not be removed, that's a fact.

3. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

Origin is not ISI - do not be mad :)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Plus I think its fair to say BF3 will have tons more players playing on line at any given time than RF2 will have!

5. flavor

flavor Registered

Yes BF3 have more players, but that´s not the question. The question is can not connect directly to the server.

Now all the BF3 servers are online. People who start playing two hours ago still online, but new clients can not play because of Origin is down ... and I thought ... rFactor!! ...

Im still waiting to Origin get up and join a server since two hours ago, and two friends are playing :(

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

as has been said, Origin is'nt ISI, I think you're worrying over nothing, my advice: Dont Panic!

7. flavor

flavor Registered

Thanks ;)

8. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

My son bought me BF3, that is my biggest gripe.... no server no play.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The MM is only used for setup. After that you are directly connected to the server and nothing runs through the MM. So if the game crashes mid race that has nothing to do with the MM service. It could be a problem though if the MM is down and you can't join your league's server at the start of the race. Lets hope the MM is stable. The current MM goes down but not that often.

10. Tripp

Tripp Registered

Origin is a big joke my neigbour buy Battlefield3 and he try 6 hours to get it to work online he not buy a game more that use Origin
    he refuse to do that

11. frankwer

frankwer Registered

It`s not a big joke when they have like 6 million customers that want to use the matchmaking service at once, i doubt rF2 will get that amount of "traffic".

People are impatient.

12. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Yeah, this is ridiculous...its crying wolf if ever I've heard... there have been MANY matchmaking services that run fine--bf2:BC, halo. All other criticism aside, even iracing, which is run entirely through their own servers (not just connecting at startup) regularly runs without a hitch. Much ado about nothing at the moment, really.

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I love Origin/BF3!!

Because of Origin loading times + BF3 loading 2 times with each session, i learned to play the guitar!

14. Bty

Bty Registered

Every security implementation goes against user friendliness and every feature you add to the game is one thing more that can go wrong. It's a fact we have to accept

All we can do is put faith in ISI magic to make things work.

Don't forget we will have an open beta, something that has become less and less a norm in the game industry. Hopefully all the problems will get fixed in that period.

15. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Sometimes brains are better than a highspeed connection :D