Has the tire on the GT500 Nissan changed since v1.2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jul 19, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've messed with my FOV and went back to the Nissan to see how it changed. I haven't driven the Nissans lately because the tire felt stiff and lacking any real grip before starting to skid. But after changing my FOV based on recommendations from this site, I then went back to the Nissans for a go.
    And now they don't feel half bad. I am hoping somebody will say the tire was changed at some point, but it could be I'm just a looney and never properly tested the GT500 when it first was released. Nothing I changed in the FOV should have any effect on the ffb. I am much more satisfied with the car over-all now.
    big thumbs up...even if it stayed exactly the same.
    dh

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nope, not any changes on the tire. But there was a wrong parameter name in the hdv file, for the Rearwing force distribution. This was solved with 1.4.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  3. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

I guess it didn't change since then either, but what makes me really struggle with the tires (which are a-OK) on the GT500 is the new steering system. It made all of years of my G27 come to surface! As I read out there, people with more powerful and modern wheels don't have any issue. But for me, became very hard to feel the tire's grip.

Regarding the FOV, I imagine it can change the perception a lot, but only if you change a whole bunch also. Like from 60 to 35, for example.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yes, it was a big change, with the new FOV I've found I'm turning in too soon. But I also am matching AI times now where before, when the GT500 first came out, I was getting smoked by the AI. I have a G25 and would like to at least move up to the TS300.

5. yonder45

yonder45 Registered

Too bad to hear about the new steering system.