Happy Hour Racing League - 2019 Stockcar Season

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Brent, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Brent

Brent Registered

We are a great group of competitive but clean drivers who like to have fun racing! Our website is http://hhrl.webs.com/ We follow the full NASCAR schedule of race events/tracks. We use the 2019 HHRL Carset and HHRL Pace Car and the track for that week (3PA or tracks by Machine/Matt Schreiner) from the Steam Workshop. We allow custom vehicle skins.

No signup is necessary but please join our practice sessions to run some laps with us. We have a limit of 20 drivers on a first join first serve basis. Nicknames are allowed but we do not allow special characters.

Server name: Happy Hour Racing League
    Track: See schedule on our website
    Server Password: Only used for race events, please practice with us on Thursdays.
    Race Events: Mondays at 8:40 EST.
    Practice Sessions: Thursdays at 8:40 EST

We use Discord for voice and text chat. Use this invite link to join https://discord.gg/nWr4Tp9

Vehicle setups and upgrades are fixed for the race. The fixed setup is a collaboration effort from our Thursday practice session. We shoot for a good neutral setup that works well for all skill levels. We allow in car track bar adjustments, and setup is open for wheel lock, brake bias, and brake pressure adjustments.

Practice: Server is up 24/7 no password to join
    Race: 50% of the NASCAR event, password to join
    Qualifying: (1) 5 minute qualifying session
    Warmup: 5 minutes
    Start type: Warmup pace lap w/rolling double file start
    Rules: Full flags. Pit road speed limit enforced during qualifying and race, pit exit merge rule, luckydog and wave arounds, green white checkered finish enabled.
    Real road (track rubber) is set to begin each session with a preset amount with time scale set 5x.
    Tire usage 2x
    Fuel usage 2x
    Weather conditions are set similar to the actual weather of the NASCAR event.
    Damage multiplier 50% and mechanical failures are turned off.
    Driving aids: Auto clutch
    Fixed cockpit view
    Season points: Points awarded for race finishing order with a "playoff" chase that follows similarly to the Nascar schedule. 1 bonus point for leading a lap, 1 bonus for leading the most laps.

Hope to see you on the track!

Brent

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. stevestatham

stevestatham Registered

Hi, i'm Steve, I raced for a few years back using nascar3 and rfactor. My wife passed in 2014 and I just got out. Would really like to get back in but I have no clue how to do anything as far as track loading or car skins. Not necessary to race this year but would love to be able to join the Thursday practices for now. Please let me know if I am eligible.

3. Brent

Brent Registered

You're welcome to join us on a Thursday night. Track loading is much easier through the Steam Workshop. We can help you get RF2 setup, templates etc for a custom skin or one of the guys can paint one with the theme you'd want. Feel free to drop in our teamspeak server, address is happy-hour-racing-league.teamspeak3.com Send me a message here if you have questions.

Brent

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  4. stevestatham

stevestatham Registered

Will try my best to show up Thursday nite with teamspeak at least. going to try and figure out track loading until then.

5. Brent

Brent Registered

Steve, hope to see you soon!

Tomorrow 8:40 EST is our Thursday night practice for the first of three HROC races this season. The HROC serious is a fun 3 event series we run on our usual Monday time for the weeks NASCAR doesn't have an event. Usually each event has several sprint races with qualifying order based on inverted HHRL season points, details to be sorted out soon.

For this HROC event we are considering using the Stock Car Resurrection vehicles at Joesville. This is a great opportunity to drop in and race with us!

6. Brent

Brent Registered

We are about halfway through the regular season and we've had some great racing! Feel free to stop in our teamspeak3 server (happy-hour-racing-league.teamspeak3.com) Thursday evenings at 8:40 EST during our practice sessions to join. There's still opportunity to make the playoffs.

7. Brent

Brent Registered

This week I've added a custom HHRL pace car to the RF2 steam workshop. Search "HHRL" and subscribe. An HHRL carset is in the works too.

To join our server you'll need to subscribe to the weekly track, the HHRL Pace Car, Stockcar 2015, and the 2017 SCSR carset.

We just had a great event at Indy last Monday night with some great racing throughout the entire race. Thank you to Heath Johnson for broadcasting the race and posting it on his YouTube channel (link here)!

Be sure to check out more of Heath's racing coverage of HHRL and SCSR events and subscribe to his YouTube channel here.

8. Brent

Brent Registered

The 2017 HHRL Carset is now available in the RF2 steam workshop!

The regular season is nearing the end with the race tomorrow evening at Darlington (Brookdale) and then Richmond (Northside) on Monday.

After those two races we start the championship chase! Not too late to join, stop in our teamspeak channel, info is posted above.

9. Ben Powers

Ben Powers Registered

Hi guys. Tried to join server last night for ATL practice...Got failed verification error.

10. Brent

Brent Registered

Hi Ben, sorry this page had old information, I just updated it with the latest. We ran a couple 20 lap practice races last night. To join the server make sure you're subscribed to these: 2019 HHRL Carset, HHRL Pace Car, Atlanta Motor Speedway from the Steam Workshop. If you have any issues let me know. Have you raced in cup leagues before?

We are now using Discord for voice and text chat. Here's the invite link https://discord.gg/nWr4Tp9

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019