Had a chuckle at V8 Supercars telecast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bwana, Aug 4, 2018.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

upload_2018-8-4_15-40-17.png Lee Holdsworth driving the Pcars2 simulator during a filler segment of the V8 Supercars telecast . Oh oops that’s RFactor

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

:D
    that FOV though o_O

McKiernan and bwana like this.
  3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I have been to so many events where I have talked to the operators of the sims to say hey guys what you are doing is just so way off how your guests should experience sim racing. So many of them are still using RF1. Probably the worst I helped was guys with FFB reversed on a G27 system. Stevie Johnson was doing a lap and was saying that the car needed work . I stepped in changed +ve to -ne for the G27 and yes a moment of whow this is what it is supposed to feel like.
    Our hobby is done such a disservice from these event sim business people that simply do not understand PC based sims the wheels and pedal systems we use let alone the particular sim and its nuances that must be catered for.

So many people trying simulators are just plane given poorly setup equipment from people that have no idea how to set up a decent experience that no matter what sim they use they just miss the boat.

I watched a Les Vegas event some time ago that was the worst experience that anyone cold image.
    What has been achieved by our modders and track builders and devs of all persuasions is so understated and under appreciated by the rest of the world that it is an injustice personified when we see the likes of the telecast that use a POV that was shown here.

Emery, Stephen O'Sullivan and bwana like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@bwana How do you know that's rF1? The screenshot above isn't conclusive, I think? Am I missing something, or did the telecast show a bit more?

5. bwana

bwana Registered

upload_2018-8-4_18-43-4.png needed to use the first shot to show the Pcars2 logo

Lazza likes this.
  6. bwana

bwana Registered

Spot on Ww, did similar at Easten Beach FOS. For the Renault team . Had their sim all screwed up ..

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

They had what they claimed was rFPro running at Bathurst when I was there (2014), when I questioned the guy as it was clearly rF1 being used he started backtracking then he got all defensive, same deal with a rather bizarre FOV IIRC.

Then in 2015 at Hidden Valley there was another rFactor setup, the queue was too long (and it was too hot!) for me to hang about and get a closer look, different bloke/company running it but they were using G25s with what looked like extremely small Wheel Lock settings.

The way I see it is they get these inexpensive rigs setup, contact the track owners for a plot to set their stall up on and just cream the cash from any passers by wanting to drive a "real" V8Supercar at the "realistic" track which no doubt is usually a cheap and dirty quick conversion. The general public don't know any better and rarely they get someone like me who actually knows what's going on, I'll never forget the blokes face a Bathurst...he was backtracking so far he nearly ended up in Perth :p

bwana likes this.