H-Shifter Interfering with Semi-Auto Gears

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Guimengo, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The pattern for this problem seems to be an H-shifter connected, or at least with its gears configured in the Controls menu. What has happened is, despite not using the shifter, suddenly the car would be stuck in a gear - usually 4th - and persistently alternate between N and 4. I tried to unplug the shifter but the behavior persisted and once the gear engaged was actually 2nd, for some odd reason.

Even when stationary, fresh off the garage, the game would be going crazy rotating N and 4. Machine gun style. One temporary fix I had found was to engage a gear in the H-shifter, apparently any gear "facing up" (1, 3, 5) would do. However as I was driving today with a gear engaged, suddenly the car's gearbox went crazy again.

I have uploaded a few images in sequence, with the replay HUD, to show the behavior. The issue first seems to make itself present while driving, when you downshift. From there, it's hit or miss whether the gears will be an issue straight out of the garage even after restarting the game. In these images, the car goes from 2nd to Neutral and just battles every paddle shift I make, the last photo shows it stubbornly getting hung up on 4th.
    Error (2).jpg Error (3).jpg Error (4).jpg Error (5).jpg Error (6).jpg Error (7).jpg

Game build is the latest (1109). Wheel is Fanatec Porsche GT3.

Edit: I tried turning on Low TC/ABS for a GT3 car and bingo, the gearing goes insane. You were right on the money, ADSTA.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2018
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Delete your Controller.ini and then "Detect" your controller etc..
    You do have separate controller profiles for, say, H shifter and Paddle and/or Seq shifter?

Your H shifter could be at fault also.
    Edit: check if you have accidentally turned any driving aids on.