Guide: Optimal FFB settings for rFactor 2 - The key to being in the "Zone" :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrR1pper, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is still the wrong thread. I answered in his thread anyway. *(I haven't spelled out the Reset FFB location, but when there's never any FFB I don't think that's the main solution anyway)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

lol ok, I tend to think you are correct. Maybe I should post this in every thread....;>

3. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the wheel configured properly and make a trace file (see attached). When I go to a Track and click on Drive sometimes the wheels goes nut back and forth and I exit. I click on Drive again and its fine. I start driving, no FFB. I click on the mapped button for Reset FFB and I get some FFB in the wheel, but its all wrong, nothing like I remember in the past when I considered rF2 FFB the best. I'm out of ideas on what to do next. Any recommendations? I'm completely out of ideas.

Attached Files:

4. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Some screenshots of my Wheel setup in rF2.

Attached Files:

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Car specific multiplier in 100% is too much, a good starting point is 60%, you will need a FFB clipping bar to fine tuning, this can solve part of the problem.

6. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Thanks for the suggestion. Lazza recommended I go from + 90% FFB to - 90% (blue). I made this change, plus the Multiplier at + 60% and it works perfectly now! How can I add a FFB Clipping Bar in rF2? I've seen this in ACC, but not in rF2? Thanks again for your help.

ebeninca and davehenrie like this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Simhub, tinypedal for live FFB graphs. Telemetry (DAMPlugin [motec], or other solution) for analysis after the fact.

FFB strength and Vehicle specific are combined. Many cars have appreciable clipping on 100/100, so often changing the FFB strength to around 70% (yes, -70% with your TM wheel!) will give you a good starting point. Then just change the vehicle specific when you see a reason to.

Set your wheel itself (TM software) to 100% strength unless you know a good reason not to.

ebeninca, TrigMan59 and davehenrie like this.
  8. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Hi Lazza - Thanks so very much for your feedback and help. I can definitely turn up the Gain to 100% in the Game Controller. So when you say Simhub, you're referring to this site:

https://www.simhubdash.com/

I've never heard of this before. It sounds amazing and works with all of my Racing titles too. It seems like it worth buying a license too. Thanks again. :)

9. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Yep, it has multi functionalities.. and you can start for free.. it works with almost ever sim.

Talking specifically about ffb clipping bar, if I remember correctly you will need to edit a dash or create a new, I don't remember to have one out of the box with the ffb clipping bar.

Currently I prefer to use tinypedal, it works only on rFactor2, but you don't need to edit or configure anything, it works perfectly out of the box, and it's lighter too.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ffb-deltabest-relative-fuel-calculator.71557/

TrigMan59 likes this.
  10. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Awesome thanks!