Guide: Optimal FFB settings for rFactor 2 - The key to being in the "Zone" :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrR1pper, Mar 26, 2014.

1. vittorio

vittorio Registered

what exactly do you mean by "somehow vague wheel center feeling"? I'm a Fanatec CSRE owner and in my case FFB feels by far best in rF2 compared to other titles like PC2, AC or iRacing. Couldn't even drive AC cause of massive deadzone at center for many cars (?)

EDIT: in case you too have a problem with a deadzone at center, give "FFB Min Torque" a try and set it higher, which is actually even a paramter in rF2 GUI.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Thanks

Yes you can link this to deadzone indeed. I set this at zero from the start but many cars dont feel tight enough for my liking

I have done few runs this morning testing adjustment on several cars class and specific FFB parameters, i will share later in details

3. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

ok so I have run some testing this morning.

My FFB in Game is set at 1.0 for per car multiplier, smoothing 4 and Min torque at Zero

I have no problems with the GTE cars (Aston, Ferrari) or cars like the Megane WT. Both deadzone and wheel weight in low/mid/high speed cornering are just fine and I can even rdeuce the per FFB multiplier to 0.8 and having a great driving experience

I have the GT3 pack and this is where problem starts. Actually no, the Aston GT3 is also quite good, similar to the GTE and again I can reduce FFB multiplier without losing feeling at the wheel

But them moving to the R8 or the M3 GT3s then this wheel center feel first, and especially low speed cornering is quite off putting.Its like the FFB was almost gone when taking slow or mid speed corners

Only way to get closer to the Aston feel is to increase the FFB multiplier to at least 1.2 and then the experience is satisfying but I am pretty sure I am clipping (still need to find a tool to check since its not in game built)

The AMG GT3 is really bad for me and I can secind many comments I read in this thread https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/lets-talk-about-the-merc-gt3-ffb.58495/ with heavy kind of unrealistic understeer with lost FFB feeling

With the open wheelers like the F2 or the Formula Renault 3.5, its terrible. Its like my wheel was suddenly dead, very low weight in straights and while cornering, no effect of speed DF at all is happening. I appreciate that in tight corners, the front end would feel very light with such cars but its really unbearable for me.
    and as mentioned above, I dont feel the wheel getting heavier in faster corners where the DF is supposed to act there.

The only open wheeler that is giving me a good feel is the McLaren MP4 13, for whatever reason

I have tried to play with all the FFB parameters i listed in my message yesterday, from the TSPCRACER specific controller json file I created but it has zero effect on the wheel weight, really nothing

Maybe I am not modifying the correct controller file? I can not find any way to adjust FFB in the car files I find in the vehicle folders either

Sorry I dont want my post to sound like a rant, I have really good experience withe quite a few cars but I wonder how I could achieve the same or at least closer level with the ones I am mentioning here.

thanks so much

Oli

4. Comante

Comante Registered

It is widely acknowledged that FFB multiplier should be <1 , and Min. TORQUE >0.

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

And filter = 0 (very important except you have a very bad wheel and old)