Guide: Optimal FFB settings for rFactor 2 - The key to being in the "Zone" :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrR1pper, Mar 26, 2014.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have done 7"44 with the Megane!

2. Armando

Armando Registered

I have a G25 too.
    After some tests, what I have found that works best for the Karts without clipping is 90% in control panel (more linear than 100%), 0.15 Steering Torque Minimum and around 1.25 FFB multiplier.

3. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Import to any spreadsheet the .csv file from rF2 Telemetry Plugin. There youll find FFB at row "Q" and SteeringArmForce at row "BR".
    Im using LibreOffice [Calc] but you can use Excell or any.
    FFB data are % (from -1.0 to 1.0) and you can use them directly [without transform].
    SAF is in Newtons and you can use them directly or (as I prefer) transforming to % (from -1.0 to 1.0).
    The software I use is CurveExpert and you will need a license (not too expensive but payed). You can use LibreOffice Calc or Excell function Correlation. "R" is a great freeware soft too.
    BUT
    You dont need to run correlation analysis. You can get all you need just observing the plotted data!

Wish this helped you.

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

+1

5. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Some people do under 7 mins in the Megane! Which I think can't be since the Megane only goes up to 250 km/h. wtf!

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sorry, It was 7"22 and with the old version of the Nurb'.....the newest Pleclair version should be faster

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Great thanks!! What about STM for each of those cars?

8. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

You mean 90% in logitech I assume, not wheel sensitivity ingame.

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I use the same STM for all and I can do that because I match the ffb multi to output the same dynamic ffb range for each car. Hope that makes sense.

10. conrel

conrel Registered

Hehe. Of cause I know the Nordschleife but I never really 'learned' the track and drove it once or twice. Now I'm really driving focused and want to push things forward in order to race with a friend of mine. I learned the track in the Megane (my friend gave me the tip to alter the flap +1(?)) and drive now the T5 (wasn't aware of the possibility to lower the rear flap at driving yet). I could send you my replay if you want :) Just PM me your eMail

Thanks! I managed to plot my data with R now. I will send the commands later when I'm at my desk.

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

What are you other values in the control panel of driver? Global FFB = 90% and other values ?

12. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I drove with 90% in logitech profiler at dallas karting this morning.

FFB smooth 0 ingame
    FFB multiply 1.25

Minimum torque 0.15 in controller file within player folder.

The wheel dont oscilliate that much except really little, anway, there is like no force at all really.

I want the wheel to be heavy force wise when driving karts, is it possible to do that without getting messy clipping and so on?

Or am I hitting the gym to much and the force is there, im just so crazy strong it just feels silly to me? ;)

When I drive rentals for 20 minutes at small indoor tracks, im really getting a swollen chest for some days after, well I have got that before at least. I want some force!

I remember first build of rf2, the force was pretty massive and packed a punch. That was just wrong settings from my side I assume and alot of clipping for sure, but I miss that force feeling these days.

So how do I go about now to compromise?

What settings should I try with my G25?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  13. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Ok.
    You can refine analysis if you consider that all vibration reactions to bumps, rumble strip and offroad excursions are giving incorrect pairs of data. The easiest way I found to cut these outliers is creating a third column containing FFB*SAF. Sort data based on "C" column and delete all pairs of data with negative values at "C". This way will be eliminated from the telemetry data all pairs like [pos SAF * neg FFB] and [neg SAF * pos FFB].

14. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Saw some G25 config here, so goes mine:

Global Profiler: 89%
    Maximum Steering Offset (by WheelCheck): 8%
    STM (ingame): 0.04000
    Smooth (ingame): 6 <= this set affects static oscilation and "rattling sensation" at low/medium speed corners
    FFB multiply according to vehicle (sorry few tests):
    Nissan GT-R, 1.25
    Camaro C6R, 1.20
    Zonta, 1.08 (maybe)
    Honda Civic, 1.06
    Clio, 1.20

15. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

What is STM? Sorry for asking, maybe should PLOW through the thread first. But for the other lazy people ;) please do explain :)

[​IMG]

16. conrel

conrel Registered

SteeringTorqueMinimum ;)

sent via Tapatalk

17. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

And when you say STM ingame, you mean change it through controller file inside player folder, and not from actual ingame options?

18. conrel

conrel Registered

STM has no ingame slider. You have to alter it in the controller.ini or even better in a seperate file in the folder where all the other presets are. You can change and load it while playing without having to reload the track. Its a bit more persistant and flexible since the controller.ini containts allways your current settings

sent via Tapatalk

19. Armando

Armando Registered

Yes, 90% global intensity in the Profiler.

The rest at 0%, and allow adjustment by game checked.

I'm afraid you won't be able to go any closer to the force experienced in the wheel of a real kart.
    If you remember feeling greater forces in the G25, it probably was because of clipping, and you probably had maximum force everywhere.
    Anyway, you can check if you are near maximum force or not with the Pedal Overlay plugin. When you use that, the bar at the right indicates the force percentage sent to your wheel. If the bar turns red it means it is 100%. So a lot of red means a lot of clipping.
    With the karts, just turning the wheel at low speeds (i.e. when exiting your box) you should be getting almost maximum force.

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that going over 1.00 in multyply kills the low inputs that you could have from the wheel! For example, I use 0.75 with Clio and this makes me feel every thing about the car!