(Guide) Force Feedback on Xbox One Gamepad in rFactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantazzo, Oct 23, 2018.

1. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

Hello,
    I have just made a guide in Steam, covering the topic of "How to have Vibration working on an Xbox One Controller in rFactor 2". If anyone does have a controller and they'd like to check out on how to get it working (until the game gets a system revamp from DInput to XInput), you can check out the guide here on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1546141020
    Thanks, and hopefully it will be useful to someone.

(I didn't know where to post it, so I posted it here. Sorry if I posted it in the wrong topic...)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  2. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

yeah good gamepad ffb is nice. especially working with steam software.

3. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

Well, time to do a bump on this, heh.
    I have now updated my "Steam Guide" with an Alternate Way of configuration, which does not require any file editing or installations - it's just a simple copy and paste, plus required rebinding.
    Testing is required though, just to see if it works better. So please give it a go if you can.

This Update basically appeared since I couldn't get Vibration (though, since it's DirectInput system, it's Force Feedback, so bite me) working on my new Xbox Elite 2 Controller, and, as it turns out, it seems to be probably some sort of Windows limitation (system or driver, who knows...) and it keeps identifying my controller with a different hardware ID. The Open-Source Xidi Wrapper Interface ( https://github.com/samuelgr/Xidi ) helped me fix this, after I made a small config.